• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avi-Vest avalanche air bag in your town

W

WARY

Jan 21, 2008
minnesota and california
www.thewary.com
Hey there, some of you have kept track of our posts over the last 9 years about our work designing and testing a new avalanche air bag system we call the Avi-Vest.

Tests last January in the mountains near Invermere, British Columbia were VERY successful, and we floated multiple full human sized crash test dummies in 5 seperate class 2 slides (all potential people killers in our opinion). We did not swap out the air bags between tests, so we used the same airbags for 5 consecutive avalanches with no failures.

The Avi-Vest will be a vest, and not a backpack. All of your survival gear will fit in the pockets and you wear it over your jacket.

We are showing it around this Fall so stop by and take a look. We'll be at the shows, SnoWest too, and we'll be hitting all the major mountain towns we can get to, both US and Canada.

A
Sep 3, 2009
www.avivest.com
The Avi Vest will likely be released in november. 599$, with early season specials for pre-orders. The website will be taking orders in 2 weeks. A list of distributors will be coming soon.

S
Aug 31, 2008
Good idea, should incorrporate some protection in the front like a tek vest to protect the ribs etc( if you do I get royalty rights:p) and what about the other junk like overnight survival stuff we normally carry in a pack? will it all fit in the pockets? Where do you put a shovel, probe, saw etc?

Last edited:
B
Dec 15, 2008
empire, co
Is expected release date still November? I was planning on picking up a BCA this year, but I would be intersted in this if I can get more info, the site seems less than 100% functional.

R

RMKMAN44

Jan 22, 2008
Fergus Falls, MN
Whats the story you call and leave a message and no one calls you back and you try and do a preorder and you don't here back. If it isn't ready to sell why have all that on your website?

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
How can a guy from Canada get a hold of you? Your number won't let me phone from a Canadian line. I pm'd, any email???
Thanks

Premium Features