• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

suggestions for fixing trailer.

titaniumbadger

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
I have a 2 sled v-nose drive-on drive-off trailer that is about 10 years old. I just put a new axle, wheels and tires on it last year. The deck is about 4 years old and the plywood decking is looking pretty bad now. Any suggestions on what type of plywood and what to do to it (coatings or what not) to keep it looking new for longer. I like the looks of the decking on Mirage trailers. I have a bunch of nylon pads screwed to it to keep the carbides from chewing it up, I think just the weather and sun have caused the plywood to start delaminating. In the summer I bolt a wheel chock to it and haul a four wheeler and dirt bikes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
Why not just use 3/4 cdx plywood and use something like Thompson water seal on it or get it rhino lined mine is still holding up well its on its 3rd year. I also cut strips of truck bed liner to help the gouging.

102407001.jpg

Toll

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
We have a few bunks of the Poly Bead flooring left over from last years snow season that we have discounted from $125.00 to $75.00 a sheet. Call Trevor (208) 461-7776 at Mirage or email him at trevor@mirageinc.com . These sheets do not have the black plastic coating on the bottom.

titaniumbadger

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
Thanks for the info about Mirage. I think that looks cheaper than buying new plywood and adding glides to it.

Who has a trailer with the polybead decking on it? Does it hold up well?

Premium Features