• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who makes a single sled trailer?

I
Jan 26, 2012
Looking for a single trailer with the wheels under the deck. Karavan used to but no more. I have limited space in the garage and im over loading the sled deck every time. Thanks.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Triton (XT 4.5) makes open versions still and Marlon (the sled deck company) has a new single place trailer as well. Mission makes a 5'x12' enclosed version but the wheels are on the outside, not under. I'm sure there are others but that's off the top of my head.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
@iliketuna,
You don't say if you are looking for enclosed or flatbed. Or what your max width would be to fit in the spot you want to store it. Please add that info.
As for flatbeds, any flatbed trailer can be a snowmobile trailer so no reason to pay "extra" for one made by a snowmobile trailer manufacturer. Add some glides and traction bars to the floor. If it's a tilt, you are set. If not a tile, just be aware that the ramp might be too short for good approach angle, but you could always remove the ramp and use an accessory snowmobile loading ramp instead.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I would take a look at a 6x12 cargo trailer with a rear ramp door. Add ski guides. Little extra room for gear, gas cans etc. cut a fuel door, or get one with a man door. A storage place and clean easy transportation.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I would take a look at a 6x12 cargo trailer with a rear ramp door. Add ski guides. Little extra room for gear, gas cans etc. cut a fuel door, or get one with a man door. A storage place and clean easy transportation.
When I was younger I had a 6x12 for MTB racing. We used it for sledding in the winter to get into tight spots. It was amazing on slick steep roads and tight parking lots. We could fit (2) 155” sleds in it.

great option imo.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
You can get two in that 6x12 ???

He said
"We could fit (2) 155” sleds in it". So there you go. I assume that was loading one backwards and them practically touching. I doubt two 165 would fit, and it might even depend on the model of 155 that fit.

Our first enclosed trailer was a beat up used one that we had to back one sled into to get them to fit. Worked for a time but was a pain. Showed me we really valued an enclosed trailer, though, which was the intent, so after a year, we sold it and bought something nicer, but bought a 7' x 16' so we could load two long track sleds without backing in. Also could fit two ATV end to end. Still own that trailer today. But I digress from the original posters "single sled trailer" question. For that, any enclosed trailer will do.

Not sure if enclosed was the intent, but enclosed is highly recommended over an open trailer. Pros of enclosed are, security, out of the weather, not deal with road grime, a place to change clothes, a place to store the sled or other items to free up garage space, and protection from critters. The last open-trailer straw for us was 10 - 20 crows picking holes in our sled covers and sled seats when parked in West during the classroom part of an avy class. Idiots parked next to us stood out there during lunch eating pizza and threw every all of their crust on the ground. A murder of crows descended and picked holes in everything with a 4 vehicle radius of their rig including both of our sled covers and through the seat on one sled. Fun. The idiots, of course, had an enclosed trailer so no damage to anything of theirs. When we got home from that weekend, besides finding seat repair kit and patching holes in sled covers, my enclosed trailer shopping started and we had one within two weeks.

Premium Features