• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPI Polaris 800 Dragon Twin Pipes

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
Has anybody ran these twin pipes yet on their 08-09 D8's?

I'm looking for any negative or positive feedback anyone has had with these pipes.

CPI part# P800D

P800D.jpg

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Hmmmm...$700 with the control box and there is no modification to the ECM and no clutch weight changes (per the directions). Also gains 20 HP and loses 11 lbs. Wow, this sounds way too good to be true.

I wanted to do the SLP twins, but I would probably have to have two ECM's so that I can change back to stock when elevation changes are extreme.

CPI Twins Link

Last edited:

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Tom in the Carl's Service Department has SLP wins on his 09 D8. Sanitary installation, relatively quiet, lighter weight and LOTS of power. I know nothing about the CPI pipes but by the looks of the baffles, they are going to be lot louder!

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I've been running the same setup as Tom from Carl's as well. Little different suspension and I run a slightly lower profile track that is significantly stiffer. You are right this is a very impressive setup. The only disadvantage is the race gas mix. I've tested several ecu combo's, clutch packages, as well as the two styles of head compression setups. This setup kills a stock engine basic SLP single pipe and Carl's clutched sled of equal chassis. You cannot and would not know that this sled is twin piped unless you lifted the hood. Very quiet and NO inferior out of the hole performance sometimes associated to twins. Leaves with a very very impressive full mod engine with SLP single pipe setup then pulls it slightly at mid range and holds a length advantage. Obviously you can tune either to behave differently so that is just for a common ground comparison. I know that many many guys that have ridden with Tom from Carl's have commented on this setup's performance. The one I have is also outstanding for a stock 800 engine.

It would be interesting to see or compare these CPI pipes. Appears that rather then a computer set ecu that the customer tunes with a control box. No doubt the stinger style exhaust baffles will be louder and most likely increase HP. The heavy and restrictive SLP 2 to 1 cannister is a slight performance sacrefice over stingers but a HUGE noise advantage. Waiting and watching this thread for someone who has ran these for some legitimacy of claims. Also if anyone in W Idaho E Oregon has a set and would like to get together for comparisons please pm me ....still a month or so of test snow still available.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I've been running the same setup as Tom from Carl's as well. Little different suspension and I run a slightly lower profile track that is significantly stiffer. You are right this is a very impressive setup. The only disadvantage is the race gas mix. I've tested several ecu combo's, clutch packages, as well as the two styles of head compression setups. This setup kills a stock engine basic SLP single pipe and Carl's clutched sled of equal chassis. You cannot and would not know that this sled is twin piped unless you lifted the hood. Very quiet and NO inferior out of the hole performance sometimes associated to twins. Leaves with a very very impressive full mod engine with SLP single pipe setup then pulls it slightly at mid range and holds a length advantage. Obviously you can tune either to behave differently so that is just for a common ground comparison. I know that many many guys that have ridden with Tom from Carl's have commented on this setup's performance. The one I have is also outstanding for a stock 800 engine.

It would be interesting to see or compare these CPI pipes. Appears that rather then a computer set ecu that the customer tunes with a control box. No doubt the stinger style exhaust baffles will be louder and most likely increase HP. The heavy and restrictive SLP 2 to 1 cannister is a slight performance sacrefice over stingers but a HUGE noise advantage. Waiting and watching this thread for someone who has ran these for some legitimacy of claims. Also if anyone in W Idaho E Oregon has a set and would like to get together for comparisons please pm me ....still a month or so of test snow still available.

?? You sure this is a general truth? I'm askin since I want my engine to be quiet. Run a 1029 PRICE and got stingers with the package, bought XCR 1000-1100 big-bore silencer from HTG and figured no power loss/overheating.

Sure, no probs running the silencer but it is still to loud!!
Then I see this sled advertised, has a stroker 1225 PRICE in it with a stock XCR-8 silencer!?

RS

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Oops my bad indydan cranks never break... Isnt that why you are running a stock polaris crank again.:beer;:beer;:beer;

If you are going to polute every thread with your chicken chit lies... then lets hear your side of the story... you havent said anything except YOU had a crank, and it went at 40 miles.. now its not YOU, its a buddy???? which is it???????

If you are gonna talk chit you should be able to back it up with what happened, and you havent done so AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either shut up or put up......

A
Dec 11, 2007
Haven't ran them on the D8, but had a set on my 700 liberty.

Night and day difference!!!! Made huge power, and the sled would easily jump out of your hands if you weren't ready for it.

Different sled after their pipes were on. Pretty loud though. Always wore ear plugs and buddies never rode near me for long. :D But the sled turned into a beast when on the pipe, easily ran with single piped 800s.

Curious to see if they wake up the grunty 800cfi.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, WA
I have had both SLP twins and CPI twins on older polaris models and CPI's have always been known for how loud they are. SLP is typically your sleeper type pipe where CPI is all about letting everyone know you have twins. I have had great luck with the performance and power on both Manufactures.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
i have a set of slp race twins on my 08 d-7 it made a huge difference in power iam speaking from exsperience i ran stock,slp single fuel controler, now twins and fuel controler once i finally got it turning 8700 the thing screamed pulled hard.

i rode a m-7 that had twins on it and it was really boggy not much power until u got into the high rpms then it would come alive this is not the case with my twins yes i did loose a little bit of low end very very minimal hardly a difference with the single pipe but i tell you what when they come on its amazing comepared to a single

Premium Features