• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Clutch on Arctic Cat?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I tried to get some imput about this in the AC forum but nobody replied so I thought I would try here. I broke the primary clutch on my 08M1k and don't want to buy another AC clutch because they don't make any replacement parts for them. I am thinking about buying a P85 Polaris clutch and having it machined to a 35mm taper so I can run it on my sled. Has anybody done this or have any better ideas as far as replacement clutches. Any prior experience or advice would be great.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I don't know this for certain but I have been told the taper on the Polaris 800 clutch is a 33mm. The taper on my Cat is 35mm I would think that there is enough material to remove a milimeter worth of diameter. Please correct me if I am wrong on the Polaris taper.

Also does anybody have one of these clutches that they would be willing to sell.

T
Nov 28, 2007
MinneNoSnowta
I don't know this for certain but I have been told the taper on the Polaris 800 clutch is a 33mm. The taper on my Cat is 35mm I would think that there is enough material to remove a milimeter worth of diameter. Please correct me if I am wrong on the Polaris taper.

Also does anybody have one of these clutches that they would be willing to sell.

800cfi's are 32 or 33,
2000-2005 800's are 30mm...

I was thinking the Cat's were 33mm and the 800cfi was 32mm... Are the 1000 35mm???

Last edited:
Premium Features