• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailshead??

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
thats just for the sledding stuff.. the bar/dinner is open all year long

Hello:

Not totally correct. Trailshead does close sometimes for a month or more at a time. Do not expect to get gas and a burger after 3/23. They will be closed. You will probably have to call and ask when they will be open again but they are definately not open continuously all year.

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
Well in years past they usually have somebody there for a beer at least.. as far as the gas.. no.. they dont usually have that till hunting season..

I know a person that knowns another person that has the answers.. ;)

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Don't they pack up their $hit and go find some real snow and take a much needed vacation???

I've got my fingers crossed for cold temps to arrive and turn all that moisture that's coming into snow.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Spose anyone will be around to plow the parking lot???? Looks like the season could end with a bang!!!:D

Most likely not. Trailshead is closed. They will probably be closed until June. If you come out you will need to bring your own gas and grub. Buckhorn will likely be open however. Trails will not be groomed.

We are getting a pretty good dump presently. We will see how much we get overnite. Looks like some decent riding but getting here will be the problem. If we get as much snow as they predict over the next 2 days, it may be the weekend before roads into the O'Niell pass area are cleared.

Premium Features