• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for best place to ride in michigan

Dec 6, 2008
What is the snow like in in marquette. we are planing a tipe out to western half of upper michigan but dont know were to go looking for info on places to go. like to go boonedocking.

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Everyone tells me there is always more snow on the west end, anywhere from Copper Harbor to Wakefield.

I agree, I lived in Da UP for 5 years & loved it (originally a troll from lower MI). Now I live & ride in Alaska (please don't feel sorry for me:rolleyes:)
The upper north west of the UP gets pounded with lake effect snow (Hougton, Copper Harbor etc)

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I suggest staying in White Pine and riding the Porky mnts. For a place to stay I reccommend: the Mineral River Lodge
contact Pat Mcguire for reservations: 608-279-2829

It's a cheap ,clean, warm place back out of the way setup to accommodate sledders.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Anything north of South Boundary road in the Porkies is wilderness, you cannot ride there.

Friday Dec.19th 2008 Grand Radids Press article states, "Trail riders who venture off designated trails into the Porcupine Mtn. wilderness will get ticketed". New rules allow State Park Rangers to write citations for the infraction. Fines can run as high as $500. Rangers were given the authority to write tickets in the park because of an increasing number of riders riding in wilderness zones where motorized traffic is not allowed.

Premium Features