• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burns Area

T
Dec 7, 2007
Anyone give me some insight on riding area's around Burns! We will be over there in January and thought about going up into the Castle Rock/Beulah Reservoir area. Any input would be appreciated!

P
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
Humm dunno about the castle rock area??? :confused:, I live just North of there near Unity Maybe not a lot of snow, I have been in that area during the summer and it looks like there would be alot of neat riding if the snow was there... I do know there is riding out of Burns up towards John Day/Seneca area... And I think some ride up out of Drewsy towards Prarie City. Those would be your best bets, but I could be out in left field on that. There is a Polaris Shop in Burns, if you get ahold of them they could prolly steer you in the right direction.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Yup

The polaris shop is in the Ford dealership---Go in and talk with Jim--he will tell ya where there is riding in the area--and where it is allowed.

H20SKE...

D
Nov 27, 2008
Burns

I've spent a lot of time around Burns and the riding is decent, IF there is snow. Unless you go as far south as the Steens Mts all the riding is north of town. The closer to John Day you get, the more snow there usually is. Northwest of town in the Snow Mountain area can be fun too. It all depends on when and where the snow is.

H
Nov 9, 2008
Burns/Albany, Oregon
there is the strawberry mountain north of burns towards john day... its by Seneca towards the east, we go there a lot. there is Vinegar Hill past prairie city at Austin Junction- which is one of my favorite places to ride.;) Also, just north of burns about 23 miles there is Idlewild park, which is pretty good if there is enough snow, and just past that there is king mountain.
Happy Riding!

Premium Features