• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klotz Oil Source in Utah??

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Do you pre mix or inject? If you inject wed need to talk. My Klotz went bad after one year, it caused all kinds of problems for me.

T
Jul 13, 2001
UTAH!!
Kevco,
I've always just injected...never went to the trouble to premix. I was buying some bulk oil with Cory(Ccpowder) and Nate(UtahSnow) from Mike Humble. According to Mike, he's out of the sledding business and therefore the oil biz this year.

I'd listen to anyones 2 cents. Maybe I just need to go back to the Polaris blue...although I'm riding a Cat 900 currently.

I don't want to premix. I got to keep it easy, runnin the same oil in a old school Phazer, RMK 800 and my Cat 900.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Yep thats where I got mine from. I noticed it smelled funky last year, the oil in the jug. I didnt think it had a shelf life but it does. It fouled my exhaust valve BAD it set my det sensor off in all the worst places. I switched to Poo Gold and cleaned my valves just Sat. after finally running out all the old Klotz and getting to the new Poo Gold. All it took to clean them was some gas and a tooth brush. When I did the valves running the "bad" Klotz it was all I could do to get thru the carbon with a razor and wire wheel on my grinder. The Poo Gold is very spendy but the problems the Klotz cost me almost took out my sled a couple time.
Now I think when Klotz is "fresh it is a superb oil. When it smells bad throw it out. I seized a 2 stroke concrete saw this summer using it. I threw away a gallon of it.

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
I was a klotz spokesman for many years...Last year I just rode with to many guys that ran the Poo Synthetic so I switched and never even noticed. And it is so much easier to get the Poo stuff. I would search and search just like you are doing and then I finally talked TCP into ordering a care for me. Now when I forget my oil its not big deal I just steal from my friends;)

K
Nov 26, 2007
Mpls, MN
Hey Guys,
I have been shipping more and more oil to Utah this than in any of the years past.
I can get it to you delivered to your door for 136.00 for 4 gallons.
4 day delivery from here to you.
It is all factory packaged gallons...sealed up tight.

Let me know if you want to order some. I have plenty on hand, ready to go.

Rick
Tams Racing Products
Klotzlubemn@aol.com

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
That is a smoking deal! What happened to my oil that went bad? Does it have a shelf life? I found a gallon the other day, Freak was at my place so I had him smell it...It was the same reaction EVERYONE else has had it is definitely bad. Stored indoors in a cool dark place. Any idea what happened?

K
Nov 26, 2007
Mpls, MN
Per Klotz - the oil does not have a shelf life.
It has 2 enemies...moisture and solid particles. In other words, don't let any liquid into the bottle from condensation or other sources and, this is an obvious one, keep the cap on so that dirt and crap can't get in.

I have sold Klotz for quite a while. I have noticed that once a container of it is opened, it will after time, tend to get a sharp solvent like smell to it? Not sure if that is accurate or not, but again, I sold a lot of oil from the barrel and it seems that it would change in odor. I never once have had anyone say that it went bad and lost its oil properties where it would not do its job. I still have oil in a container that I use here in my stuff. It is about 3 years old or so and I haven't had any problem in my outboard, weedwhip, chainsaws or sleds.

It still has that Klotz distinct race gas smell when it burns!

Rick

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Where are you?Do you ever get to Salt Lake? Id like to have someone who knows smell this. I should have quit using it...My exhaust valve experiment led me to believe it had gone very bad.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
For what ya pay for klotz, ya'd run it if it smelled like ranch dressing;) I saved the gallon for anyone that wants a sniff.

WFO

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
West Jordan, UT
For what ya pay for klotz, ya'd run it if it smelled like ranch dressing;) I saved the gallon for anyone that wants a sniff.

Just don't sniff it with BigSAL holding the jug :D He likes to tickle himself! Stay as far away from the finger as possible :)

Last edited:
Premium Features