• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

West Yellowstone- Ace Powder Guides...experiences??

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Our group has been going to West for a few years now, and our group upgraded to true mountain hardware this year. Ran into a guy at haydays, Ace Powder Guides, and am wondering if his outfit is reputable, if anyone has used them before, and any experiences, etc.... Wouldn't mind hooking up with Kurt and the guys @ Goldenwest for a group ride but don't want to feel like we're holding anyone back.

Any input, comments, suggestions is appreciated!!!

likkerpig,
Your more than welcome to ride with us idiots at the G.W. There always seems to be somebody around to hook up with. And if it happens to be a day that I'm riding, bonus for you......:eek: Don't really know about guides or there reputation, sorry. I'm sure someone will chime in and have that info for you.....

M
Nov 26, 2007
central mn
Come on Cave, experienced riders like us need insurance? :D I've never heard of the guide service either but like Kurt said, just stop by the GW and there's usually a group leaving every morning. Better yet, just stay at his place and you won't miss the group!

Last edited:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Had a couple PMs with Kurt, sounds like we'll give him a holler and see who's around to take the 3 stooges into the bush. My brother travels a lot with his job so he racks up the frequent sleeper points (or whatever they are...) so we always wind up staying at the Holiday Inn for free. Hard to turn that down, but if we wind up having to pay, it's on at the Goldenwest! We'll be out Superbowl weekend, looking forward to a much needed vacation!! Thanks for the offer gentlemen- It's appreciated!!

I have been riding with Jeff from Ace Powder Guides for about 4 years now, and I can honeslty say there is no one better then him or his guides that know the area better, and plus they are all avalanched certified and they are prolly some of the best riders you will meet, they are very aware of avalanche conditons and they asess the snow pack to check the safety of slopes, and they also have all the avalanche packs and beacons for the tour as well. They are very flexible for what ever type of riding you want to do. I know you wont go wrong riding with Ace Powder Guides.

I have been riding with Jeff from Ace Powder Guides for about 4 years now, and I can honeslty say there is no one better then him or his guides that know the area better, and plus they are all avalanched certified and they are prolly some of the best riders you will meet, they are very aware of avalanche conditons and they asess the snow pack to check the safety of slopes, and they also have all the avalanche packs and beacons for the tour as well. They are very flexible for what ever type of riding you want to do. I know you wont go wrong riding with Ace Powder Guides.

See Likkerpig, I told you somebody would have the answers for ya. If Bigs Apex Turbo is talking about the same Jeff that I know it's like he said you can't go wrong.............:face-icon-small-hap

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Thanks guys!! REALLY looking forward to coming out again this year- GW, we'll figure something out. I'd like to meet up with a few of your dudes to meet some more riders out there. From the thread, you guys always look like you have a GREAT time!!!!!!

P
Nov 27, 2007
Maple Grove, MN
ACE POWDER Guides ROCK!!

Cant go wrong with Jeff Watt and his crew at Acepowder Guides. When people are syaing its all tracked up and we need more snow, They have it on the radar and will take you to the POW. Have been riding with APG for about 6 years now and refer many to the operation. Guides, AVY safety gear, lodging, sled rentals and great hospitality!!

Cheers!!

Ace Powder Guides!!!!

I assume u were talking to Jeff, the owner. From my "experience", jeff and his crew, along with Priggs are pro's when it comes to riding the west. I had a blast even though i only got stuck a couple times!! Rode with them New years last yr and had a blast. Great guys and an awesome setup. go with Ace Powder Guides, you won't ever go anywhere else!!!!!!

Premium Features