Help KLIM support Off-Road Trail Advocacy Groups and ride a fun, one-of-a-kind event in KLIM’s backyard – the pristine mountain singletrack trails of Idaho.
KLIM takes pride in building functional, durable, high quality gear for off-road riders. To celebrate the summer riding season, and to support off-road recreation and the advocacy groups that keep our trails open, KLIM is inviting riders to participate in a unique event set in our own backyard – the robust trail system in the Caribou Targhee National Forest of Southeast Idaho.
This unique dirt bike event will put riders on some of our favorite local trails, guided by maps and GPS tracks, in search of valuable Cow Tags using the Rever app. Individual riders will be challenged to collect as many or the most challenging (depending on your strategy) Cow Tags as possible.
Finding these Cow Tags will earn you raffle tickets for drawings of thousands of dollars in awesome prizes. Further, individual riders will be challenged to find Cow Tags and post photos (of you, your bike, your buddies, etc next to the tag) from which a winner will be selected to get a $250 KLIM gift card! Register here!
HOW IT WORKS
- Friday, June 24, 2022 Check in 1:00pm - 7:00pm
- Saturday, June 25, 2022 Late Check in at Kelly Canyon 7:30am - 8:30am
- Saturday, June 25, 2022 Ride 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Registration opened May 2, 2022
- Fees are $125 per person (Non-refundable)
- Registration limited to 200 people
- Sign in packets to be collected at either KLIM Headquarters on Friday, June 24, between 1:00-7:00 p.m. or 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning of the ride at Kelly Canyon.
- Breakfast and dinner Saturday, June 25
- Thousands of dollars in prize drawings
- Entry to win one of nine $250 KLIM gift cards
- KLIM Cow Tag exclusive event t-shirt
- KLIM sticker
- GPS waypoints/tracks provided (provided via Rever app)
- Kate' Real Food Bar (if you get hungry)
- Klean Freak Body Wipe (if you get dirty)
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Dirt bikes must display Idaho off-road registration tags, which can be purchased at local dealers such as Action Motor Sports and Rexburg Motor Sports (either resident or non-resident tags if visiting from out of state).
- Due to the nature of the Cow Tag Ride, only two-wheeled off-road motorcycles will be permitted.
- All bikes ridden in the area are required to operate with a U.S. Forest Service approved spark arrestor and must pass a 96 dB sound test (Half-Meter SAEJ1287).
- Ride Respectfully! We’re here to promote and support Off-Road Trail Advocacy and the organizations that help us keep riding areas open. This is not a race or contest of speed.
- Check in: KLIM HQ, 3753 County Line Rd, Rigby, ID 83442
- Rider meeting & late check in: Kelly Canyon Ski Resort 5488 Kelly Canyon Rd, Ririe, ID 83443
- Dinner, prizes: Kelly Canyon Ski Resort 5488 Kelly Canyon Rd, Ririe, ID 83443
Friday, June 24:
- 1:00pm - 7:00pm Check in KLIM HQ
Saturday, June 25:
- 7:30am - 8:30am Late check in at Kelly Canyon Ski Resort
- 8:45am Riders meeting at Kelly Canyon Ski Resort
- 9:00am - 5:00pm Ride
- 5:00pm - 6:30pm Redeem raffle tickets
- 6:30pm - 9:00pm Dinner and prize drawings
- Note: adult beverages aren’t included
- Note: extra dinners are $30 each
The goal of the ride is to collect Cow Tag ID numbers hidden at various locations in the riding area. These locations will be shown on the provided Trail Map and GPS tracks.
Each unique Cow Tag is worth a different amount of raffle tickets at the end of the day, with the closest and less-challenging tags worth fewer tickets than the tags posted at more challenging or more distant locations. Choose your own strategy.
At the end of the day, riders will decide where to invest their tickets based on individual raffles. Raffle winners will be chosen during dinner.
The KLIM Cow Tag ride attracts riders from all over the northwest United States for the purpose of bringing greater focus on trail preservation and to have a great time riding in the Idaho mountains. The ride should be enjoyable for everyone and good sportsmanship is expected from participants. Please do not participate in or encourage cheating to accumulate more raffle tickets than you fairly earned. This goes against the spirit and purpose of the Cow Tag and is not fair to those who are honest, and it discourages sponsors from participating in the future. Ride hard and play fair. Those found to be cheating will be disqualified from participating in the raffle.
All proceeds go to off-road recreation advocacy groups: Share Trails and the Idaho Falls Trail Machine Association.
For questions about the event please call 208-552-7433. Register here!