BRP is adding a new state-of-the-art snowmobile boot for 2015 with the Ski-Doo Tec+ model joining its line-up. The boot is designed specifically for active snowmobile riders demanding the best in performance, fit and comfort, while keeping feet dry and warm.
When starting the project, BRP benchmarked the best boots, making sure to use the best materials and technology available to meet and exceed customer expectations. Instead of a bulky boot like some on the market, the Tec+ boots are more of a traditional boot size, so they can also be worn comfortably when not riding.
Some of the innovative features incorporated in the design are:
- Abrasion and impact-resistant ice breaker toe piece
- Narrower shape at the Achilles for more comfort and ankle support with less bulk
- Cut-away rear collar for improved walking
- Larger area between tip of the boot and start of laces with inner foam padding for comfort when using the sled’s toe holds
- PoRon XRD impact protecting foam in tongue and shin area
- Honeycomb composite panels around the ankle for further abrasion protection
- Kevlar reinforced laces for abrasion resistance and long life
Along with these innovations, the boot also includes features snowmobilers expect in a premium quality boot:
- 600 grams of Primaloft ECO FOOTWEAR insulation for warmth
- Leather outer that uses a COSMO HydroGuard waterproof and breathable membrane
- Moisture wicking inner liner
- Removable foam insoles
- Aggressive tread design
- Sole constructed of a specialized durometer rubber for the ideal blend of traction and durability in winter conditions
- Easy-glide grommets for improved lace durability
The Tec+ boots combine the best features in winter footwear with innovations that set them apart for the more demanding snowmobiler. They will be available in unisex sizes 7 thru 13, including half sizes, to fine tune your fit.
Contact www.store.ski-doo.com or your local Ski-Doo dealer.