• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yee haa boys another POLARIS RECALL

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I just spent an hour (and 6 old fashions) reading this bs and now I can’t remember what it was about…all I wanna know is what kind of oil do I dunk my new can in and which hole does the spark plug go in on the sweet derail kit I just bought?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I just spent an hour (and 6 old fashions) reading this bs and now I can’t remember what it was about…all I wanna know is what kind of oil do I dunk my new can in and which hole does the spark plug go in on the sweet derail kit I just bought?
You drink fast and read slow haha

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
FWIW... the Maverik gas stations around here sell their (87) non-ethanol from a separate hose. That's what I've been running because the only place around here that has non-eth 91 is like 40 miles south. I've just been running in "ethanol mode" since it's still in break-in anyway. I also bought a case of Amsoil octane booster which is said to increase 87 to 91.. .thought I'd try that at some point. I have probably another 50 miles or so before it's out of break-in, so not yet.

Curious... at what point are these things supposed to explode due to the fumes? When you open the tank? Or when you use a match to look into the tank to see how much fuel is in there? :)

This is my first Polaris sled; I've had Polaris quads for years and never had a problem. But I gotta say, I'm really glad I snow-checked a Catalyst.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Because I’m a nerd and like to understand how/why things occur…. Chad calls it something else….

An interesting read on E10 and Ethanol free static “properties”.

“Gasoline without ethanol can have electric conductivity varying from 10 to 3000 pS/m and can be capable of retaining hazardous levels of electrostatic charges. Gasoline blended with at least 10% alcohol (E10) have an electrical conductivity several orders of magnitude higher than traditional fuels and are unlikely to generate hazardous levels of static electricity due to liquid flow. Normal commercial gasoline-ethanol blends are conductive liquids.”

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
Another thought.. I've read that running ethanol fuel causes fuel lines to swell. Then when you switch to non-ethanol, fuel tends to leak. I've actually seen this happen. So the new question is, are the fuel lines on these sled good enough to not swell if you run ethanol-based fuel? 'Course then there's the point made earlier about how Polaris looks for ethanol in the motors when they fail and then deny warranty. This is a catch-22 situation for sure and you KNOW Polaris will deny warranties despite this; it will take expensive lawyers to fix that.

Premium Features