• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wtb a 38 super auto

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
I've been looking for a 38 super auto for quite some time and as of yet I haven't found one locally that was reasonably priced.
It never hurts to ask so I thought I would check to see who here might know of one for sale.
Locally (Western Montana) they're asking around $785 for a taurus (the only one I know of in the area) and for the most part they run a couple hundred less if not more on the net for a like Taurus.
If you know of one for sale or even have suggestions please chime in.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
powder_bound,
I have a 45acp. As for the why part its a long story but it started when I bought quite a few boxes of ammo at an auction. They advertised the ammo as 38 special so I bought it all for my wife to burn up in her 357. $7 a box.
Once I took delivery of the ammo I realized that it wasn't what I thought I was buying but that started me researching the 38 super. The more I read about the caliber the more I was interested in keeping the ammo and trying to find a gun to use it in. Bad excuse but that's where it all started.
I also work with a guy that reloads the 38 super caliber for his nephew (shoots competition) and he's offered to reload for me if I were to buy into a 38 super.
Again I don't really have a good excuse other than the 38 super looks to be a great handgun for target shooting and I either need to find one or get ride of a bunch of ammo.

Premium Features