• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wossner Polaris 800 Pistons

O

ostnor

Oct 14, 2008
I will be happy to try and clear up any confusion that may lie with the pistons we offer

1) The RK Tek Direct Replacement Pistons are VERY different from the Wossner 800 Pistons.. yes, they are made by Wossner but they are VERY different in design. ALL my pistons are designed from a blank sheet of paper and made with custom components (No, they are not 100% Wossner). These pistons, as all my other CUSTOM pistons, follow this same design procedure,

2)The RK Tek Direct Replacement Pistons are also VERY different from the OEM Polaris 800 pistons... but.. I do no think that there was much confusion with that one.

3) The RK Tek Drop In Piston Kit--> Uses yet another custom piston that is very similar to the Direct Replacement Piston in terms of components used and design criteria.. They can be use with the stock OEM head but the engine will NOT run well.. It will not be in any "danger" but it will run poorly. This is a "KIT" one of which we have been offering the likes of for over a decade... The "KIT" requires the piston and head in order to function to its full potential.. This kit will produce double digit HP levels and has been "spotted" out performing MANY much more expensive kits that are offered.. In all honesty, for the money, this kit is the best bang for the buck available today..

You can view the many threads on this forum (and others) that speak to this kit's performance and the 100's and 100's of very happy customers...Just do a search on here and the threads should surface.

We take great pride in innovating new products and implementing new ideas and turning them into reality... The RK Tek Line of Custom Pistons (manufactured by Wossner.. but designed by RK Tek) are one example..

We have a few new "products" that will be surfacing for mid to late season release that will be game changers.. Stay tuned.....

Hopefullly, this clears up any misconceptions that may be floating around.
AS ALWAYS... We are here to answer questions and are just a phone call away at anytime.. Please feel free to call or contact us with ANY questions or concerns.

Kelsey

Hi, you say RK Tek "Wossner" piston is very different from Wossner piston. Totally different design. How do you know that your design is better than Wossner?? Did you test them both for long time? Lots of people I been talking to are very happy with Wossner piston. Would you say Wossner are as bad as Polaris pistons or are they equal to you're "RK Tek design?

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Hi, you say RK Tek "Wossner" piston is very different from Wossner piston. Totally different design. How do you know that your design is better than Wossner?? Did you test them both for long time? Lots of people I been talking to are very happy with Wossner piston. Would you say Wossner are as bad as Polaris pistons or are they equal to you're "RK Tek design?

Where does he say that his design is better? He says different, manufactured by Wossner but designed by RKT. Why try to put words in someone's mouth. Looking to pick a fight? I have never used RKT, but I appreciate his hard work and diligence in trying to bring improvements to our sleds. Have a hard time with so many people that look to bash on guys.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Where does he say that his design is better? He says different, manufactured by Wossner but designed by RKT. Why try to put words in someone's mouth. Looking to pick a fight? I have never used RKT, but I appreciate his hard work and diligence in trying to bring improvements to our sleds. Have a hard time with so many people that look to bash on guys.

WOW!! Thank you!!

My thoughts exactly....

O

ostnor

Oct 14, 2008

Oups, didn't meant to pick a fight. I just wanted argument why choosing rk tek Wossner 350$ piston instead of Wossner 250$ pistons.

R

Rev Kev

Nov 27, 2007
Lapeer Michigan
Are you telling us that Wössner is the manufacterer of the OEM polaris pistons? Because if so, i'm afraid you are misinformed.

X2, I was under the assumption that OEM were Mfg. by ELKO, and Cast, where as the Wossner's are Forged, at least the RKT and Bikeman Spec'd pistons are.

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
Our Durability Kit Pistons are Designed by us and Made by Wossner, We also sell direct 800 replacement Wossner pistons.

DurabilityKitExplained-2_zpsb438fb23.jpg

S

SuperBad

Banned
Oct 31, 2010
So, are the RKT designed pistons exclusive to RKT? The reason I ask is that I've been in contact with a 4M user that has put together a group buy on the RKT piston from Wossner for $250.

H
Feb 8, 2008
Haha I had asso and wossner mixed up my bad! After all the reading I have done it looks like the only down side to a forged piston is they expand more than cast so you have to let them get to running temp before you run them or you risk the chance of have a cold seized engine.

Last edited:

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
Haha I had asso and wossner mixed up my bad! After all the reading I have done it looks like the only down side to a forged piston is they expand more than cast so you have to let them get to running temp before you run them or you risk the chance of have a cold seized engine.

the difference we have found between cast and forged pistons is the forged pistons collapse way sooner then a stock cast piston. We measure all pistons we pull out of a dragon or a pro to see how much they collapse.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Our Durability Kit Pistons are Designed by us and Made by Wossner, We also sell direct 800 replacement Wossner pistons.

DurabilityKitExplained-2_zpsb438fb23.jpg

in your kit you express that the taller piston (and shim under the cylinder) gives more crank case volume which makes more power. this is a question a lot of guys have been looking for an answer to. do you have any proof or data to support this? and does this have different effects at low altitude vs high altitude?

Last edited:

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
bmp

i can see dyno numbers but they are numbers with other modds, also dyno'd at low elevation im just wondering what happens when you take this kit up to 10,000-11,000 ft with less air and more crankcase volume does it still make power or lose power?

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
i can see dyno numbers but they are numbers with other modds, also dyno'd at low elevation im just wondering what happens when you take this kit up to 10,000-11,000 ft with less air and more crankcase volume does it still make power or lose power?

And that, right there, is the million dollar question. History tells us we need to decrease the crankcase volume at elevation, but that is assuming the motor is designed with enough volume in the first place. Given the physical size constraints placed on the 800cfi...who knows. Maybe someone smarter than me.

What I do know is that installing any of the "fix kits" on an 800 cfi at anywhere close to sea level greatly improves all characteristics of the motor and they flow more cfm as well and need more fuel. We've probably built over 100 of them in the past 4 years and every one of those sleds ran much stronger than when it had stock pistons. But they also make more compression, 10-15 psi on average. I don't see any of these kits actually losing power regardless of elevation.

Premium Features