• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Worst winter yet?

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
just got home from my 3rd trip this year. put 250 miles on my freeride and 580 miles on the lynx. might be done unless theres a mega storm

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
my local sled club has had to cancel the first 2 poker / charity rides this year due to low snow and running water on the trails making it unsafe for riders. We are probably and honest 6 to 10 ft short of normal for this time of year.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
It's ugly, but not time to give up yet! Last year was below average, but then the end of March we got an awesome dump. It was basically spring riding a week later, of course; I guess the lesson learned is if there's a big storm you can hit and ride, get as much as you can then and there. That's going to be my approach this season, and even if it ends up being mostly garbage, it's better than not riding. Speaking of chasing a storm, we can't let one bad winter kill the forum ride! I say we keep our powder dry, and if it looks like somewhere (IP, Cooke, Hahn's, Alpine, who knows) is going to get a good dump, we rally there that weekend. Hopefully most people haven't checked out yet, and (like me) haven't burned the money they saved not riding on something else...

Premium Features