• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Nytro

Truckee Coastie

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2008
Truckee, CA
I will say this about the Yamaha owners who posted in this site, its great to hear honest sled reviews from those who have invested more than most in their sled. Thanks for all the info, it looks as if a turbo is in my future I just need to throw my leg over one or slap a turbo on my m1000. Thanks agian everyone for your help.

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
I just helped a buddy of mine install a BD turbo on his M1000 last week (he is a new BD Dealer in Reno) and I can tell ya the thing is a friggin monster and handles like an M7 stocker..., If you are thinking a turbo is a hell of a add on.......

Last edited:
S

Sno Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
I just helped a buddy of mine install a BD turbo on his M1000 last week (he is a new BD Dealer in Reno) and I can tell ya the thing is a friggin monster and handles like an M7 stocker..., If you are thinking a turbo is a hell of a add on.......

You would have met Ray (truckee coastie) if he didn't puss out on the Team Summit ride a few weeks ago. He rides with me all the time and has the ability to step-up to a turbo.....if we keep pushing him :D You will get the chance to ride with him next year on his turbo'd M1000

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
i fell in LOVE with the nytro the day i rode it. i've always had a rev and last year was on a very lightweight apex (no boost).

i put a boondockers turbo (the garrett 28) on they nytro recently and originally had it set at 12 lbs. my front end is stock with fox floats, i have the gen 2 simmons wide skis and a timbersled rear 162" skid. i put the challenger xtreme 2.25 track on and a tunnel extension. snojunkie rode my nytro then dan bush's mcx nytro 2 weekends ago on a typical spring day. i didn't have my sled dialed in at the time, the clutch weights were set up for 15 lbs of boost which is what i set it to last week and its a totally different (and better) sled. getting the rpms up in the 8900 range instead of 8K where they were. btw...dan bush's mcx nytro is one of the fastest sleds i've ever ridden...and i've ridden some pretty bad a$$ machines. his sled is just completely dialed in and dan is a great mechanic.

coming from an m1000, the nytro is going to feel like an alien spacecraft. it just is. like anything, it takes a few rides to get the feel down. also, the nytro can be set up (like any sled) to a very specific riding style. i have a TON of ski pressure on mine to keep that nose down once the boost comes on. i'm not a big fan of the wheelie. it looks cool for about 3 seconds but it is the tell-tale sign of a improperly set up rear suspension. the timbersled rear is great and very adjustable to handle a tipsy nose under big boost. the downside is that on the snow, putting around or in light boondocking, it feels like a tank. add to this the gen 2 skis on spring snow and you've got your hands full.

in the trees, i LOVE this sled. anyone who says a turbo nytro can't boondock either hansn't really ridden one in such conditions or is just making stuff up. the mid and low boost pick up on top of the already great stock throttle response is a dream in the trees. there is no doubt that riding a turbo sled takes some practice. you learn to anticipate the power, when you want it and how to deliver it.

the bottom line is once you've gotten used to these things, the up-side of having strong, reliable power in a 4-stroke motor with no tuning or tweaking is totally worth it to me. but all of this is a matter of preference.

i rode a tricked out rev summit last week with a trygstad 880 that felt like it weighed about 100 lbs. this sled ran neck in neck with a turbo dragon 700 and was an absolute blast to ride. there is just something about a strong, light sled that rips like that.

just ride what you feel good on. all these sleds kick it pretty hard.

jeff

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
J-lowe, so eloquently put! Tho nail on the head... and the most absolute point is the front end being planted, and very hard to accomplish with those turbos........but.......once dialed a formidable force on the hills and in the trees...and more inportantly as drove home a true indication of suspension work being needed (or a step up being hit just right and taken advantage of:beer;) I still love my big bore but have been absolutely blown away at the friggin destruction a nicely dialed turbo can do to Mother Natures most challenging) I would love to see more TM1000's in the area boondocking in the tighter stuff tho...nothing better than hearing that throaty growl from a turbo ripping up the canyon in 3' of fresh pow so get Ray's a$$ down to Steve's and lets get a turbo on that thing and I will have 3 sleds to set the bar with :face-icon-small-win............THinK sNOw....looks like a little more to hide the a-bombs this weekend

Premium Features