• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel Measurement

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Would someone please measure the distance (width) between the center of each of the mounting channels on the rear tunnel. Thanks in advance!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
ugapa7y9.jpg
ymyvy9yn.jpg

12 9/16"

Last edited:
N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Thanks Sledneck, but I guess I did a poor job of describing the dimension I'm looking for. I am looking for the distance between the two mounting slots. From the center of the right slot to the center of the left slot. Thanks

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Thanks Sledneck, but I guess I did a poor job of describing the dimension I'm looking for. I am looking for the distance between the two mounting slots. From the center of the right slot to the center of the left slot. Thanks

Thats what it is. Its right side of left slot to right side of right slot. Same as center to center

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
If I was at the house I would get a measurement for ya, but college has me sitting at a computer doing homework at library on campus:mmph:

well I can't lie, taking a break from homework and on forum at library on campus, wishing I was at the library downtown having a cold one!

Since the tunnel has two slots running parallel with the tunnel, try outside of left slot and inside of right slot, vice versa, being a carpenter, that will give you center distance of both slots.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
I still don't think we are on the same page. Place a bolt in each slot(right and left) and measure the distance from the center of the right bolt to the center of the left bolt. I'm guessing it is in the range of 11-13".

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Thats what it is. Its right side of left slot to right side of right slot. Same as center to center

I concur with the above quote; regardless of whether you measure it the OP prefered Carpentry method or the above way it will be the same, basic geometry, (unless Polaris had a different extrusion die for left and right exchangers with different slot widths, which is not the case) the center to center will be the same.

From the pics; I can't tell on my phone whether the dumb end of the tape is against the edge or centered? Assuming you held in against the edge. I concur with the number. I'm at work, so I can not verify that, for a second opinion.

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I still don't think we are on the same page. Place a bolt in each slot(right and left) and measure the distance from the center of the right bolt to the center of the left bolt. I'm guessing it is in the range of 11-13".

This isnt rocket science! what i measured is what you want its just a more accurate way of doing it.......

The green dimension is what your asking for?! well i measured what the pink dimension is showing...... they are exactly the same just ones shifted over.

the yellow lines are the center of the slots

tunnel measurements.jpg

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Thanks Sledneck!!! 12.56 is the measurement I needed! Thanks for your time and effort much appreciated. :face-icon-small-ton

This isnt rocket science! what i measured is what you want its just a more accurate way of doing it.......

The green dimension is what your asking for?! well i measured what the pink dimension is showing...... they are exactly the same just ones shifted over.

the yellow lines are the center of the slots

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Doh!!!! My bad, a case of looking but not seeing. :face-icon-small-blu All I saw in your original response was the photo's that didn't show the total measurement, I never saw the 12 9/16 posted below the photo's. My bad, I'll blame it on looking at it on my small phone screen. :face-icon-small-win Thanks

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Doh!!!! My bad, a case of looking but not seeing. :face-icon-small-blu All I saw in your original response was the photo's that didn't show the total measurement, I never saw the 12 9/16 posted below the photo's. My bad, I'll blame it on looking at it on my small phone screen. :face-icon-small-win Thanks

ive seen you got it figured out but here it isssss again!

i see that the dimension on the bolts is wrong cause they are not centered i guess...... but yah 12-9/16"

tunnel measurements 2.jpg

Last edited:
N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Thanks, I could have saved us all some time had I paid more attention to your original reply, I got "tunnel" vision and only saw the photo's. :redface:

Premium Features