• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

THANK YOU

S
Mar 7, 2012
i also thank duane for all he does on this forum...BUT there are things that just don't warrant his actions. after seeing him last weekend at trails head and watching sleds not stop coming across the highway and duane standing right there watching and not saying anything to them really makes u wonder what is he doing out there.

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
I want to thank Duane on helping me get unstuck last weekend and taking the time to answer some of my questions about the laws and stuff up there while sledding. Imo watching some of the sleds shoot right across the highway and not talking to them is kinda like when I have been at a scale with my truck and they have someone pulled over doing an inspection and while there doing that other trucks kinda get a free pass. I wouldn't want his job, you get chewed out for giving tickets and you get chewed out for not giving the tickets. Whats the man suppose to do?????? From what I have read on here and from the little I have talked to him he seems like a good guy to me. Just wanted to say thanks for the the help and to all the trail condition reports. Keep up the good work.

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
Not many public servants put themselves out on a public forum from what i have seen. Anyone can hide behind a keyboard, he puts himself out there to help and i thank Duane for doing what he does.

Rider1958

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
Woodland Park, Colorado
I too appreciate Duane and his work - the last three trips I made to sled the Black Hills (1000 mile round trip each) were planned solely on Duane's snow reports.

Thanks Duane!

I
Dec 3, 2011
Rapid City SD
I too would like to thank Duane for his work on this forum and as a police officer. His reports helped me to decide when the snow was good to come to the hills. I made a 1800 mile trip to get there and without his help I could of came when the conditions sucked and wasted a lot of money. From the posts i see here he doesn't hesitate to help others even if it isn't warranted by his job. He truly likes the sport and likes helping people. We all have seen police officers that are not respectful of citizens or there rights (to put it nicely) I do not see this in Duane. I hope he is back next year. His reports are unparalleled from anything I have seen on any forum or anywhere on the internet and I ride in ny, nh,me, and sd and spend a lot of time getting condition reports. If I ever get in a jam in the hills I couldn't think of someone else i would want looking for me. Have a great summer Duane , and everyone else. Hope to be back next season.

Last edited:
Premium Features