• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit 850: Ratchet, Slap, Rocks and Carnage!!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Wow
That must be nice.
Latest I have ever pulled off a ride is May 23rd here.
And it was HOT and SLOPPY snow.

Parked the trailer in the morning in snow and rode into the mountains.
By the end of the day I was FIVE MILES of Volcanic Ash from the last snow to the parked trailer. The snow line had retreated that far over the course of the day.

29471_10150193895345035_796287_n.jpg

That is awesome. I just laughed my *** off!

FullSizeRender.jpg

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
You can ride year round here (ALASKA); IF you want to either chopper to, or set up a camp on one of the many Ice fields (no road access).

Latest ride to my knowledge (never leaving snow) from the highway over Thompson Pass was the 4th of July in the early 2000's. But that takes an awesome snow year.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
September 30th same area different yr.
35miles from my house, drive to the snow and unload.
There is a skidoo summit in this pic (to make it seem less derailed)hit lots of rocks and trees, bulkhead is still good.

950c1be0fce628604171b487e79839da.jpg

GS6

D
Mar 13, 2014
The eternal pursuit of 12 months of riding!!

I actually really enjoy the off season. Winter I am all in on sleds than I switch to boating and golf. Right now I really have no interest in boating but will start getting excited in a couple months. I think I would burn out on anything I could do all year.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I actually really enjoy the off season. Winter I am all in on sleds than I switch to boating and golf. Right now I really have no interest in boating but will start getting excited in a couple months. I think I would burn out on anything I could do all year.
Perhaps.
But just to have the BRAGGING RIGHTS that you pulled off an ON-SNOW ride every month of the year would be pretty sweet.

D
Mar 13, 2014
Perhaps.
But just to have the BRAGGING RIGHTS that you pulled off an ON-SNOW ride every month of the year would be pretty sweet.

Ha ya that would be pretty cool. I am a powder snob though if it isn't real good I don't go even in winter months.

But this does give the sled a run for it's money on fun...
Flame%202_zpsoftxfzmu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ha ya that would be pretty cool. I am a powder snob though if it isn't real good I don't go even in winter months.

But this does give the sled a run for it's money on fun...

I know that boat well.
I moved to Idaho from Lake Havasu where I used to manage Stealth Marine. My dad owns Cheatah Boats.

I used to be on that lake 5 days a week for many years...

This was my baby..
picture.php

D
Mar 13, 2014
I know that boat well.
I moved to Idaho from Lake Havasu where I used to manage Stealth Marine. My dad owns Cheatah Boats.

I used to be on that lake 5 days a week for many years...

This was my baby..
picture.php

Wow! what a small world, I go to Havasu a lot boat is there now. Very cool to know that, why did you move to Idaho? What do you do up there?

D
Mar 13, 2014
Wow, I would post up a picture of my boat but it is only 12 feet long with a supercharged Rotax. Feeling a little inadequate at the moment.

You know I have had just as much fun on old run down boats with power bait smashed into the seats as I have had on my current boat. As long as you are out there on the water it is all good. Snowmobiles not so much I have way more fun on my cheater sled than old ones.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You know I have had just as much fun on old run down boats with power bait smashed into the seats as I have had on my current boat. As long as you are out there on the water it is all good. Snowmobiles not so much I have way more fun on my cheater sled than old ones.

While I used to ride my Sea-Doos on a nearly daily basis at the lake, there is NO WAY I would trade my sleds away to go back to the Sea-Doos.

MUCH PREFER the Ski-Doo to the Sea-Doo.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That the problem. You had sea doo's. They don't make stand ups. That's our main summer gig. I have 2 kawasaki sxr's and a krash footrocket. I get bored too fast on sit downs.
Technology has come a long ways since my PWC. I would LOVE to take one of these new 300hp units out for a spin.

brp-sea-doo-rxp-x-300-2016-seadoo-jetski-pwc-meganrata-1603-21-Meganrata@1.jpg

Premium Features