• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit 850: Ratchet, Slap, Rocks and Carnage!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So, after a LOOONG day of digging snow pits and doing rescue drills I can say that my 850 is running GREAT! No issues that I could discern.

Apparently you CAN STRAIGHTEN the tunnel without having to replace it.

New chaincase is working great and the sled ran fine for me today with no problems.

Happiness has been restored!!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
So, after a LOOONG day of digging snow pits and doing rescue drills I can say that my 850 is running GREAT! No issues that I could discern.

Apparently you CAN STRAIGHTEN the tunnel without having to replace it.

New chaincase is working great and the sled ran fine for me today with no problems.

Happiness has been restored!!

Some are so easy to please.

Happy for ya.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
As it should be then, Some of us actual have standards. As you were.

It seems your "standards" consist of you being a whiny little bitch about things that don't even affect you. Until you own an 850 that is giving you problems you have no room to speak.

Don't act like Polaris are any better because they aren't. In fact from my experience they're worse. Ya. I'm still trying to figure out why my axys won't run. Meanwhile I've put on over 500 miles of smiles on my 850.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For the moment I am happy to be back out on the mountain riding and enjoying the snow. Spring will be here all too soon and then our riding season will come to a crashing halt in April.

THEN I will have plenty of time and opportunity to test into this sled and mess with it all summer and Fall getting it "ready" for next year. Meanwhile I want to get out and ride it as much as possible while I can..

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
For the moment I am happy to be back out on the mountain riding and enjoying the snow. Spring will be here all too soon and then our riding season will come to a crashing halt in April.

THEN I will have plenty of time and opportunity to test into this sled and mess with it all summer and Fall getting it "ready" for next year. Meanwhile I want to get out and ride it as much as possible while I can..
Depending on weather, u can come out here and ride May and June, sometimes July.
April just seems too early to quit.

GS6

B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
Miami FL Sunshine and Ladies
Some people have the coin to not let it bother them. It not right to the little guy though who has been saving up for down payment on new sled. I feel for all the guys out there who put everything they have into a new 850 doo. Its just not right. If ski doo tested these sleds then why are they breaking. It would seem that they tested sleds made from different materials to get through testing and then when it came to manufacturering they said screw the consumer and used cheap low quality aluminum for the casting. How are these guys even supposed to sell these sleds next year. I personally would not take one if someone paid me to take it. It would just take riding days and money away from me. I guarantee if I got a free 850 i would end up spending more than msrp on replacement parts. My 2012 iqr is a bit of a peice, but its ready to roll when I am without fail. That makes it the best sled in the world to me. It brings me hours and hours of trouble free fun everytime out.

Ski Doo has successfully made a $15,000 garage Queen

I have a welder and am starting to get good at making the strongest and ugliest reinforcements known to man. Ive been working on some new ones on my iqr and am ready to hack up anyone's new 850 if they are crazy enough to let me. I guarantee I can get her bending A arms for you, but it might gain some LBs. Im out of Gilpin County Colorado if anyone interested in letting me frankensled your rig. I stand by the guarantee that it will at least be uglier when im done and possibly stronger.

Also if anyone wants to donate a 800 monoblock top end to a guy that has tones of money but doesn't like spending it im open to contributions. I had to spend $65k this fall to send my older brother to a 10 month rehab/wilderness retreat. Yay isnt family great. So if anyone feels bad that i am not flush with cash until next quarter please contact me for donations.

Last edited:

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Interesting assumptions from a guy who doesn't own an 850 says he is from Colorado, signature says Florida, user name BCSnoX but is open to contributions??? Lol.

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
Interesting assumptions from a guy who doesn't own an 850 says he is from Colorado, signature says Florida, user name BCSnoX but is open to contributions??? Lol.

exactly...and in another thread he calls all average guys on sleds idiots....his age says he's 31 and he insulting guys who have been riding a lot longer than he has been alive...I've forgotten more about sledding, clutching, jetting and repairing sleds than he's ever even heard about. I love my 850, had it in nothing but steep and deep for almost 500 miles with my riding buddies who are also on 850's and we've all had a great time with no breaking. Just have to not hit stuff...simple.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA

High volume dealer in Oregon says out of 100 G4's they sold they have had one broken bulkhead as of Friday. Guy with a rock size of a VW going 40 down a chute. We have more than normal snow depth so far.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Some people have the coin to not let it bother them. It not right to the little guy though who has been saving up for down payment on new sled. I feel for all the guys out there who put everything they have into a new 850 doo. Its just not right. If ski doo tested these sleds then why are they breaking. It would seem that they tested sleds made from different materials to get through testing and then when it came to manufacturering they said screw the consumer and used cheap low quality aluminum for the casting. How are these guys even supposed to sell these sleds next year. I personally would not take one if someone paid me to take it. It would just take riding days and money away from me. I guarantee if I got a free 850 i would end up spending more than msrp on replacement parts. My 2012 iqr is a bit of a peice, but its ready to roll when I am without fail. That makes it the best sled in the world to me. It brings me hours and hours of trouble free fun everytime out.

I have a welder and am starting to get good at making the strongest and ugliest reinforcements known to man. Ive been working on some new ones on my iqr and am ready to hack up anyone's new 850 if they are crazy enough to let me. I guarantee I can get her bending A arms for you, but it might gain some LBs. Im out of Gilpin County Colorado if anyone interested in letting me frankensled your rig. I stand by the guarantee that it will at least be uglier when im done and possibly stronger.

Also if anyone wants to donate a 800 monoblock top end to a guy that has tones of money but doesn't like spending it im open to contributions. I had to spend $65k this fall to send my older brother to a 10 month rehab/wilderness retreat. Yay isnt family great. So if anyone feels bad that i am not flush with cash until next quarter please contact me for donations.

You win the internet...

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010

You are, without a doubt, on meth!

I am not trying to be funny, or question your situation. It is very obvious from your posts that you are under the influence of methamphetamine.

Last edited:
D
Mar 13, 2014
I have a 2015 163 but my brother who just started riding this year has a Gen4 154. I am actually shocked how fast he has improved. He still has not really figured out the art of getting unstuck, yesterday he got sucked into a tree on a steep climb and got stuck. I came over and jumped on it to try and ride it out. It was on a hill that I think even my sled would have been a roll over and back down. I got a small pull on the ski and the damn thing went into an instant track stand high fiving some branches on the same damn tree he was sucked into. I just shake my head and our other buddy still riding an 04 just says F-U and walks away.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Depending on weather, u can come out here and ride May and June, sometimes July.
April just seems too early to quit.

GS6
Wow
That must be nice.
Latest I have ever pulled off a ride is May 23rd here.
And it was HOT and SLOPPY snow.

Parked the trailer in the morning in snow and rode into the mountains.
By the end of the day I was FIVE MILES of Volcanic Ash from the last snow to the parked trailer. The snow line had retreated that far over the course of the day.

29471_10150193895345035_796287_n.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Wow
That must be nice.
Latest I have ever pulled off a ride is May 23rd here.
And it was HOT and SLOPPY snow.

Parked the trailer in the morning in snow and rode into the mountains.
By the end of the day I was FIVE MILES of Volcanic Ash from the last snow to the parked trailer. The snow line had retreated that far over the course of the day.

29471_10150193895345035_796287_n.jpg
1464aca0a5145e7539d043aae668dd4a.jpg

Yes, that date is correct!

GS6

Premium Features