• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest...we need a rev XM section

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
First. You wil NEVER NEVER NEVER get an honest hp number from Cat, Poo or Doo.
True, but I just was wondering where 140hp came from. Im pretty updated on Polaris info, and have NOWHERE read any hp number claim by Polaris since the 2010 sleds.

Second. The Etec does have more power than the Pro. You can feel it.
True, I feel it too, the engine is stronger and feels like that too

Third. You will NEVER NEVER NEVER get an honest weight number from Cat, Poo or Doo
Even if their numbers are not 100% correct, I do believe they are very close! But dry weight doesnt matter, it's wet that counts

But for me 417 pounds is a pretty tough one to believe. What was sacrificed for weight. When Doo said the XP was 450ish pound they got hammered and the pinecone jokes came to be.
Need proof both ways before I can take a stand if 417 is true or not

So what/where did Poo put 50 pounds? That's alot of weight to shed for stock sleds. The exhaust still looks pig heavy, so that leads me to believe it got shaved here and there on the chassis. Pretty scary, IMO. And no, the chaincase wasn't that heavy. So when do we start the stiff wind jokes about the Pro? LOL, just kidding.
Pro has lost alot in seat, foot boards, a-frame, front suspension and seat. I also belive their adhesive are a big weight saver.

I have a friend that built a 800cc PRO that weighed in at 389 and to achieve that he spent hours and dollars doing it. I have no idea how much tho.
Ive spent alot of money adding weight to my Pro, but for me it's now a better sled that stock, for my riding pattern

Apr 2, 2009
On the same dyno on the same day there is a 6 hp difference not 23 so I'll use the right number.
Pro 155 at 417 pounds and 146 hp= 2.86 pounds/hp
Summit 154 at 464 pounds and 152 hp= 3.05 pounds/hp
And the pro make more hp to track so let's line them up

Here's lining them up....

I'm the chubby one on the XP... 40 pounds difference in riders.... 2012 summit 2011 pro rmk... Both 155 tracks....

http://vimeo.com/36939693

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
great idea about the new section, mods lets get it done

and we need something done with the poo guys in all our threads, giving incorrect info, and hurting the fourm in general, something needs to be done are members will be posting good info on other fourms

Apr 2, 2009
yeah but your sleds not stock is it?

Summit has slp can and some clutching.... Stock can on pro and he has clutching and 2.5 CE.... When we swapped sleds and I'm on the pro, I got the jump and was pinned the whole time the summit was pulling away.... We're headed to the mountains to see how they compare up there... I don't know what more runs would have done... It was the same result every time...

Last edited:
H
Feb 17, 2012
Here's lining them up....

I'm the chubby one on the XP... 40 pounds difference in riders.... 2012 summit 2011 pro rmk... Both 155 tracks....

http://vimeo.com/36939693

This is what happens when you gear up an XP for lake racing and gear down on a pro for the mountains. The XP barely gets 8000rpm on flat ground with this set up. But yes it does haul *** on flat ground. I guarantee he will be the fastest to the fishing hole.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I bet the XP is geared lower than the Pro. :face-icon-small-win....that XP is geared at 2.33....quite low and aimed at mountain riding, the even lower (too low,stock) gearing showed less climbing track speed.
The holeshot on the XP can be greatly improved by feathering the throttle a bit at launch and stiffening the rear to lessen ski lift....or taking 40 lbs off the sled LOL.
Both are great sleds, the Pro might still have the edge in the deep fluff with the soft track and less weight.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAn1YJdPPbM&list=UUZk0xgZiaz-oEjA747MnTfA&index=31&feature=plcp

and here is one going up the hill, the poo in the middle, the lack of shows up quick

LMAO, nice bunny hill and hero snow freddy. You'd be better off buying a freeride 137 for the type of riding you seem to like. Why don't you just stay in Medicine Hat and drag race in the Cypress hills, they're about as big and steep as most of the video's you post. LOL. Heres a tip for ya......gear all your mountain sleds way up, works better on the hardpack and gentle inclines. LOL.

Apr 2, 2009
I bet the XP is geared lower than the Pro. :face-icon-small-win....that XP is geared at 2.33....quite low and aimed at mountain riding, the even lower (too low,stock) gearing showed less climbing track speed.
The holeshot on the XP can be greatly improved by feathering the throttle a bit at launch and stiffening the rear to lessen ski lift....or taking 40 lbs off the sled LOL.
Both are great sleds, the Pro might still have the edge in the deep fluff with the soft track and less weight.

I working on the 40 pounds.... Maybe next year! Headed to the mountains this week to see how everything works.... If the pro broz can get kitchen passes, will get some good video...

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
slick your a joke.... you hide behind your keyboard like a little girl, you have been called out many times and your a noshow, i bet your a real peice of work in real life as well, take your childless crap else where
thanks for the info

LMAO, nice bunny hill and hero snow freddy. You'd be better off buying a freeride 137 for the type of riding you seem to like. Why don't you just stay in Medicine Hat and drag race in the Cypress hills, they're about as big and steep as most of the video's you post. LOL. Heres a tip for ya......gear all your mountain sleds way up, works better on the hardpack and gentle inclines. LOL.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
slick your a joke.... you hide behind your keyboard like a little girl, you have been called out many times and your a noshow, i bet your a real peice of work in real life as well, take your childless crap elsewhere

anyone knows where this joke lives, pm me the details please:face-icon-small-coo

Stalker???

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
slick your a joke.... you hide behind your keyboard like a little girl, you have been called out many times and your a noshow, i bet your a real peice of work in real life as well, take your childless crap else where
thanks for the info

LOL, check the mirror clown-boy , at least I'm smart enuff not to post the gentle slope races you describe as mountain riding. , you should change your name to BunnyHillfred. LOL.

M
Nov 13, 2008
loll

I think the only reason your seeing those videos of bunny hill races with the Poo are just that............Video of the Poo.............All of his steep n deep videos,,,,,,,,,,,no Poo anywhere to be found. :whip:

Slick, why dont you go ride with Fred and show him how it's done?
I've never ridden with you but I have ridden with Fred and I'd put a "benjie" on it that he'd outclimb you and your Poo....................................................... on your so called bunny=slopes.:nono:.............LOL...........I'll let him ride my non turbo...non Big Bore Etec so it's fair even.

So what you think Slick? :ranger:
Your called out "AGAIN"........:behindsofa:

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
:heart:
The "M" and the "P" are different. :behindsofa:

About as much change as there was from the Dragon to the Pro....OK, maybe that a bit of a stretch, but same basic engine and drivetrain while the rest of the sled is different enough in the susp. and plastic to warrant a whole new forum section full of issues to deal with. :face-icon-small-win

Not to be an a** Paul, but you jumped all over my chit for asking about a separate forum for the etec when it was first released. Wasn't that a bigger change than the 12-13?

Premium Features