• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski bolt to adapter play

A
Dec 24, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Well, I just changed my ski adapter from the straight to the offset trail adapter. When bolting the ski back on, there is a lot of play between the bolt and bolt hole in the adapter, as well as play between the offset adapter and the ski plate. Is this normal? It has been a long time since I have seen it bolted together, and can't remember.

I looked at the picture in the manual, and it shows 1 bolt and nut holding the ski to the adapter, with no washers, plates, ect. Is this correct? There is a great amount of slop there, as the offset adapter is not as wide as the original with it's wider bushings. Also, when I lift the front end off the ground, the ski can be moved by hand a whole lot!!

Any help here? It just seems weird, even thought it matches the picture in the manual. I almost think the offset adapter needs a bushing, to make the hole more the size of the bolt. And, there could be washers / bushings on both sides of the offset adapter, inside the ski mount.

What do you think? Am I missing something? Is this normal?

Thanks...AkBillyBow

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
that should be tight, should pivot but not be sloppy. If its sloppy you got to be missing a bushing, Is their a bushing in the straight leg that is missing in the offset leg?

A
Dec 24, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
I will post some pics, but in the mean time: The bushing on the straight adapter runs through the bolt hole and extends past the outside of the adapter (both sides) a bit. On the offset adapter, the bushing runs through the bolt hole and ends flush with the adapter...leaving more play than the straight.

I will try to post some pics to better explain the issue.

AkBillyBow

A
Dec 24, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Never mind..... I AM AN IDIOT !!!! :frusty:

Those are bushings on the old adapter, that needed to come off and be added to the new offset adapter.

I was taking pictures and looking things over. Pulled the original out of the bag, and looked closer at it. That is when I realized the adapters / spacers were removable and needed to be used with the new adapter.

Thanks for the help. Sorry I messed up!!

AkBillyBow

Premium Features