• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Side hilling issue what's the answer?

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
So as we all know the PC take lots of seat time to nail the perfect sidehill everytime. My question is what is the better solution? The 16 front end or narrowing the side panel? I know both probably would fix it but what do you think is the most beneficial? Would like to do one of the two to my 13 this fall. And maybe of I'm lucky both!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
So as we all know the PC take lots of seat time to nail the perfect sidehill everytime. My question is what is the better solution? The 16 front end or narrowing the side panel? I know both probably would fix it but what do you think is the most beneficial? Would like to do one of the two to my 13 this fall. And maybe of I'm lucky both!

Narrow boards/panels plus added steering; need both. Search Wyo's steering bracket.

If you can only go one direction would do that before 16 front end.

But yes ideally both. Might get away without Wyo's bracket on the 16 front end as it has more steering but I think it will help even the 16 front ends.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
On your 15 you will see 2 holes in the front skid mount location, the upper is the 12, down and back is 14-16 but the 13 is straight down from the 12. On yours if you look on the inside you will see the 13 cut out

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
2 feet of pow fixes sidehilling on any sled. Other than that...ski stance is always the first solution. Ive also found that gaining 20 pounds helps as well.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
2 feet of pow fixes sidehilling on any sled. Other than that...ski stance is always the first solution. Ive also found that gaining 20 pounds helps as well.

False,

Based on the first question, narrow the boards and panels is the fix.
It took me 10 minutes to figure out the chassis on the demo 12,

I stopped, looked at the dealer and said, " narrow the boards, panels, add steering, and drop the bars, then we will have a sled"
I did went and did it 4 years ago and proved it over and over. Now it's catching on.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

More talent! :D

Sorry I'll stop now :face-icon-small-ton

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
More talent! :D

Sorry I'll stop now :face-icon-small-ton

Agreed hahahahaa O I cant wait till winter! I just wanna ride. "My mod list 2016"

1. Talent.....check,
2. balls.......check (stole them out of the purse last night)
3. muff pot.....hum on order,
4. new gopro.......need to order,

Yep.......waiting for snow........................:face-icon-small-hap

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
False/QUOTE]

Easy on the repremand. Havent been shut down that hard since my younger drunk dating days.

I forgot that i need to say "in my opinion, of course."

But narrowing skis is not exactly the most bat chit crazy idea to get a sled to sidehill better. From my perspective...of course.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
False/QUOTE]

Easy on the repremand. Havent been shut down that hard since my younger drunk dating days.

But narrowing skis is not exactly the most bat chit crazy idea to get a sled to sidehill better. From my perspective...of course.

Lol,

What im saying is that with a 42 or 36 inch stance I can make it sidehill the same, to your point one is easier than the other.
But the part about learning the chassis has to do with panel board width because it's limited and makes a decent ride day wtf happened, I usedtacould ride. Then let them ride mine and they pull lines that nearly scare themselves.

I've literally had riders on stock cats ride my sleds and come back saying, want to trade. Along with pulling some cool lines. Before they thought they where still learning. Funny thing is when I tell them is the width and steering they look at me like I'm lieing and ask what else I've done. Complete dis belief something so simple could do that much.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
False/QUOTE]

age adds glory and the the air is heavier in boise.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
My feelers are doing better now.

Yes...age has a way of glory daying everything...including being young and dumb.

Id like to ride a sled with the panels cut down. My experience is limited on the proclimbs but they have felt heavy and sluggish as you state. Sounds like more than just a good sidehilling...but a good overall handling mod. Peace out.

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
I guess my plan as of right now is to do the wyo steering mod, and if funds allow it would be nice to buy some narrow boards from bmfab if they come out with something. think the steering mod alone will be a good improvment on the side hill? even without the narrow plastics and boards?

Thanks for all the imput guys!

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
BDX Front End helps sidehilling and overall handling. Will have 2016 kits available soon and they will fit 12-15 model years as well.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
take a look at BDX's new kit for 16, they basically have cut down a 16 spindle. It is completely different then the previous kit. They say it has the same caster angle as the 16s. :)

Last edited:
Premium Features