• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running hot ?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
are you running a snow flap? it's crazy to me that these sleds don't come with flaps, for many of us they're absolutely required at times.
your temps sound a little on the warm side but hard to say w/o knowing the exact conditions.

X
Dec 10, 2019
Richmond, Ut
are you running a snow flap? it's crazy to me that these sleds don't come with flaps, for many of us they're absolutely required at times.
your temps sound a little on the warm side but hard to say w/o knowing the exact conditions.
No snow flap, I agree, you spend so much on the sled, at least they can sell it complete.

W
Dec 24, 2019
I have a 2023 G5 165 X, when on trails with a loose snow, and some powder, my temp will run 130-140 deg, anyone else having any issues, is this to hot ?
Those temps with little powder seem fine. The sled will give you a warning red and shut down around 180.

Given all the ice this year, I've had to pull off trail and cool down a few times, usually at 165. And that is with a flap and ice scratchers down.

May try a potato sack filled with snow on the tunnel next ride.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
No snow flap, I agree, you spend so much on the sled, at least they can sell it complete.
true and dealers need to push the fact that flaps make a difference even though they'll come off as just trying to sell an accessory. as WM mentioned, sometimes that's not enough and you gotta pile some snow on the tunnel.

Last edited:
C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
You want to avoid hitting hight temps, especially shut downs. Too many flags and your warranty will be rendered invalid.

Try to cool your sled down while it is running dont shut it off, the engine with heat soak and hit high temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
My 24 Freeride 146 runs hotter than my 154 Summit X short tunnel 2.5 and 2023 Khaos 850na 155 with short tunnel 2.75.
In the deep snow the lowest temp I seen on the 146 was 112F and on the trails around 115F to 124F. So weird.

23 Khaos would run anywhere between 96 and 100F in the deep snow... Summit anywhere between 100F and 106F in the deep snow.
I had to add some coolant on my freeride, but she spit it all back out and down to a lower level again. Anyone else notice this or is this just a 146 thing?

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
Hot light comes on at 185. One guy today had a snow flap and it didn't help one bit if anything he was running hotter today

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
This happened on my G4 Expert last weekend, even with ice scratchers down and the warm temps! Spiked the temp light!
Few things our ride group has noticed...
- The 'expert' short tunnel runs hotter with this mini flap setup than a standard length full length flap does.
- A tunnel bag will hinder the heat exchanger on the top side of the tunnel, especially the short Expert model.
- The 3" track runs a full bar higher (hotter) than the 2.5" track does.

Premium Features