• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rexnord Aurora or Borg Warner??

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
Then you must not be installing it correctly or having the correct tension. I’m 250 pounds with all my gear and ride super aggressive and have never had one issue with my MVM belt on a 2022 Skidoo Freeride 154” Turbski! 1100 miles on the same belt.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 2022 doesn't have that new 2 piece drive shaft does it? All these chain case problem's have been on the 2023's.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i think they realize it's overall a good idea but as others have said, it's prolly more of an assembly line/ dealer service efficiency thing rather than a convenience thing for the owner and the latter is how it was marketed which makes sense. probably a fraction of a percent of owners actually ever remove their skids. i'm guessing they're revisiting the actual design of it after the chain case issues and will make any needed changes to eliminate any slop.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
i think they realize it's overall a good idea but as others have said, it's prolly more of an assembly line/ dealer service efficiency thing rather than a convenience thing for the owner and the latter is how it was marketed which makes sense. probably a fraction of a percent of owners actually ever remove their skids. i'm guessing they're revisiting the actual design of it after the chain case issues and will make any needed changes to eliminate any slop.

I’m thinking its more to do with the racing circuit and “stock” class rules.

Look at the Summit HCE that was dropped with the race rear suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I’m thinking its more to do with the racing circuit and “stock” class rules.

Look at the Summit HCE that was dropped with the race rear suspension.

could be which further adds to the idea that it really wasn't done for the consumer but it's a great bit of marketing to say that it is and to be fair, it is convenient.
love the old school yellow highlights on the HCE model (if that's a real sled).

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Is the dealer making you pay for it?Seems the manufacturer should be covering this non existent problem

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Is the dealer making you pay for it?Seems the manufacturer should be covering this non existent problem
If you’re willing to wait, the 23’ chains and gears will be replaced by skidoo. I doubt it’ll happen till late summer or fall.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
After a friend of mine exploded the chain and lower gear his lynx shredder turbo, with maybe 200 miles on it today.

I’d say the Borg Warner stuff is the better bet.

Last edited:
Premium Features