• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Race Gas Turbo, 700 Dragon!

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
This is a completely custom Dragon 700 with Boondocker's Race Gas Turbo set up including the pony intercooler. It is a 2007 model, but the front end has been completely changed over to the newer style front end, that is narrower, has better suspension geometry, and a metal front bumper. It has a Timbersled rear skid with black powdercoated rails and Fox Float 2 shocks. The rear wheels and axle are Mountain Machines 9" billet kit. Timbersled front A-arms and spindles, with Fox Racing Evol X ski shocks. RSI riser and hooks, and Pro Taper bars. Skinz Protective Gear seat wrap, seat support braces, tunnel bag, and console vents. Timbersled footwell vents, with all the other vents (side panel vent, headlight delete vent for intercooler, hood vents, and shock tower vents) being made by Mountain Fit Hoods. The running boards are F-Bomb Better Boards. It has dual EGT sensors and guage by Koso, Holz scratchers, Fire N Ice gas can rack, Simmons Gen I skis, Team Industries turbo clutch kit, and Power Madd hand guards. Needless to say, this sled is SICK! I ran it all last winter at around 13 PSI of boost, and have seen it put up 248 Horsepower on the dyno! This thing absolutely rips! Because I have run it all year, and don't want whoever buys it to have any issues, I have installed a completely rebuilt (top and bottom end) 2009 700CFI motor from Durmas Racing. I was going to just rebuild the motor that was in it, but thought that this was a better way to go for the future owner. Dennis Durmas, and I installed the motor , and we have put 3 stand runs on it to season the motor and verify that everything is set up correctly Below is a list of all the parts and their cost to give an idea of what I have into this sled and what it is truly worth. This isn't what I am expecting or even hoping to sell it for, just to give you an idea of what I have invested into the sled.

2007 Polaris Dragon 700 KBB value $5610
Updated front end “09 style” (narrower design, aluminum bumper and better front suspension geometry)
2009 professionally rebuilt motor (Fresh)
Fox Float Evol X ski shocks $1295
Timbersled BarkBuster A-arms and spindles $680
Timbersled Rear skid w/rails and Fox Float 2 track shocks $2155
Skinz Protective Gear seat wrap and support Braces $295
Skinz Protective Gear rear bumper $140
Skinz Protective Gear underseat bag $59
Skinz Protective Gear Console Vents $60
Boondocker race gas turbo kit (installed and tuned by Jared Sessions) $6000
Simmons Gen 1 skis $380
Mountain Fit Hoods Venting and Headlight delete $325
RSI bar risers and hooks $120
Pro Taper Bars $89
Power Madd hand guards $60
Team dual helix turbo clutch kit $299
Extra Polaris drive belt 321113 $180
Mountain Machines billet axle and 2 wheel kit $375
Fire N Ice gas can rack $75
Holz scratchers $50
F-Bomb Better Boards $215
Timbersled Footwell Vents $125
Koso dual EGT gauge and sensors $360
HM Turbos throttle body reinforcement plate $75

Total Value $19,022

(again, this is not what I am asking, just a figure, to give you an idea of what kind of money has been put into the sled)

Check out the link below to see the Pictures.
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]2007 Race Gas Turbo Ebay Listing[/FONT][/FONT]

(I previously had it listed on EBAY, and may again this winter if it doesn't sell first)

As you can see,
[FONT=&quot] I have some serious money invested in this sled. I can assure whoever buys this will NOT be disappointed. Make me an offer by PM or by Phone.

Please contact me with any further questions. Feel free to PM me, or give me a call @ (970) 433-2097
[/FONT]

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
Every other Polaris Turbo on here is over 12 Grand! I can guarantee this one runs as good or better, and is setup as nice or nicer, than any listing on this site! Save yourself a few thousand and get just as much or more sled!

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
The motor has 0 Miles, other than in and out of a trailer twice, and 2 stand runs, to make sure it is running properly after the swap.

Sled is in Grand Junction Colorado

There are 2640 miles on the Chassis, with the Turbo being added at around 1500 Miles. Again though, the motor was just swapped out for a 2009, 700 that was completely rebuilt by Durmas Racing.

There is a link to pictures on the original post, however I will put some up here as well shortly.

Feel free to PM me or give me a call if you're interested
(970) 433-2097

As for the other RGT that is listed at $7500, it sounds too good to be true. The sled has quite a bit less on it as far as suspension and components, but that price is super low! If that hasn't been picked up by someone yet, I would be amazed!

Last edited:
K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
no offense taken whatsoever. I wish I could sell it for that, I just have too much wrapped up in it. One of those deals where, if I can sell it for enough, I will put most of the money into the new sled, If I can't get enough out of it though, I'll leave the new one stock. You know how it is. Thanks for the interest though!

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
3'+ of snow so far in the San Juans, and still coming down hard! Time to start thinking about what you're gonna ride this year................
Just sayin:face-icon-small-hap

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
How come the recoil rope and throttle cable aren't hooked up in the pictures you have posted? Do you have any pictures of the motor compartment area? Thanks

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
How come the recoil rope and throttle cable aren't hooked up in the pictures you have posted? Do you have any pictures of the motor compartment area? Thanks

These photos were taken right after I pulled the original motor and cleaned everything, but before I installed the new motor. I can definitely post some pics of the engine compartment. I will try to get some up later today, or tomorrow

Premium Features