• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Qestions answered #1 VIPEC ECU

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Bottom line. Justin is a total dirtbag to come on her with that. He sucks as a tuner... exactly y I had to go through 2 topends before he gave me a map I could get out of the trailer. He should have good luck next year selling his kits. Hey Boston ur best bet would be to jump ship to represent a company that actually gives a sh!t about there customers.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I wont be jumping any ships :face-icon-small-win I will continue to support the customers that have supported me. I will continue stand behind Silber as well. I certainly see room for imporvement in some areas but he really is a talented guy who makes a good product.

Its easy to stand behind a guy when things are good.....The true character of a person shows when there still there when things are rough.

We have been testing new maps and he and the team are out testing this week. I am confident that we will have something soon. Until then I will answer any questions peple have but will certainly not "jump ship"

Since this is the Vi-Pec thread I fully understand if people are frustrated and decide to go this route. I have been dealing with Bryce for a couple weeks and he will be tuning a Vi-Pec on a sled belonging to one of the local guys here. He has sent me oil pumps to help people out and has been a pleasure to deal with.

If you are buying a Vi-Pec do yourself a favor and throw Bryce a bone.

Mountain Slayer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Maddock, ND
I got the Vi-Pec installed by Bryce and it ROCKS! It didn't take long to install it and it has an awesome fit and finish to it. He easily got it tuned in on the hill and have had no problems with it since. There is so much that you can do with it to get it tuned or diagnose problems, it is unbelievable.

I do have on question and it has nothing to do with how the sled runs. After the install, the altimeter on the gauge of my 2013 Arctic Cat Pro Climb 800 does not show a reading. Is there a way to get this from the ecu or is it just an acceptable casualty of a great running sled?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Bottom line. Justin is a total dirtbag to come on her with that. He sucks as a tuner... exactly y I had to go through 2 topends before he gave me a map I could get out of the trailer. He should have good luck next year selling his kits. Hey Boston ur best bet would be to jump ship to represent a company that actually gives a sh!t about there customers.
if you spent half as much time trying to fix your problems instead of crying on the internet you would be out railing your sled not filling your beer with tears and bashing everyone up and down on the web.

this industry moves fast and things change quickly, your sled is seriously outdated at this point and nobody wants to help you make it work good considering your attitude

Last edited:

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
I just love it when helpful, informational posts on here turn to $hit.

Lets keep this post where it belongs boys, take the drama somewhere else please.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I got the Vi-Pec installed by Bryce and it ROCKS! It didn't take long to install it and it has an awesome fit and finish to it. He easily got it tuned in on the hill and have had no problems with it since. There is so much that you can do with it to get it tuned or diagnose problems, it is unbelievable.

I do have on question and it has nothing to do with how the sled runs. After the install, the altimeter on the gauge of my 2013 Arctic Cat Pro Climb 800 does not show a reading. Is there a way to get this from the ecu or is it just an acceptable casualty of a great running sled?

PM sent !

Vi-pec Powersports

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Boy we have been tuning almost everyday on the hill. Every day a new customers sled is coming in the door. We have tuned just about everything imagineable lately. One thing that I find that becomes a constant problem is. to many different items in the mix. Different pipe with a different head. Or tied clutch with 3" paddle and different head and piston combo . Or colder spark plugs with a different thermostat installed. Different injectors with no fuel regulator and different fuel pump. Etc, etc

These things make tuning a lot harder. Because nobody has another sled like it. When we put the vipec on. Those sleds maps need to start from the ground up. We have no idea what that aftermarket part is going to do to the tune. Or where the product shines or where the product fails.

My suggestion is to follow your builders recipe. Then after you have it dialed in change one thing at a time. That way when you make a change you can see the benefits.

We can disect your products and tune your sled. it just takes us more time. So be prepared for a little more work.

Thank you to all the customers who have been coming to us for help. It has been a pleasure to work with you all! :face-icon-small-win

C

Cody Phillips Racing

Feb 7, 2012
South Weber, UT
From the best tuner in the industry.

Damn right I'm the best tuner in the world!!!! LOL

No in all honesty I got these reeds from Bryce last year as they were a prototype he had me try when I toasted some reeds from dialing in the anti-lag on the VIPEC. Bryce had no idea whether these would work or not so it's not his fault they failed so quickly. I think I got about 50 riding miles out of these, but you never learn if you're not pushing the boundaries.

Big thanks to Justin though for GIVING me some reeds up in West Yellowstone this last December. Had he not helped me out I would've been coming home pretty early.

He catches a lot of flak on here, but all in all when you meet somebody in person it's a gigantic difference than what you think of them on the internet. This is why I can't wait to meet Gino :) :).

I've been preaching it for years (but somehow all of my posts this year have gotten deleted) if you want a good running/highly modified snowmobile, UTV, street car, drag car, rally car, etc. You've got to use a stand alone engine management system. Now which is the best system out there we'll leave that closed, but for a PNP option the VIPEC works pretty good!!

Now carry on...........

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Vipec is still the leader in fueling application and form. We Can install the ecu and any brand of turbo kit and give you the performance and info you desire.

There is has been alot of questions coming up lately that I think I should bring up.

* Guys please do not use a cordless 16v or higher drill battery to fire up your ecus.

If needed we have a 12 volt vipec power up kit that comes with a everything needed to fire up you vipec out in the field.

* Rpm Activation of the exhaust valves can be adjusted if wanted. big bores have seen some big benifits by manupliting this.

* If a fuel table is tuned in and runs very well at a certain elevation. then you are getting a slight change in performance as you change elevation. look to the baro map for the fix not the main fuel table. Changing the main fuel table will change the whole tune anywhere and everywhere you ride.

* we can not override someone else's password protection. You will need to contact your tuner for the unlock password for us to help with your tune.

* If and when you buy a vipec form turbo performance we will never put a password lock on it. we will teach you about the vipec and give you the info you need to tune with your sled.

* yes we can tune your sled in with either secondary injectors or bigger mains.

* yes turbo performance sells a wiring harness and instructions for easy install of the vipec ecu and all the cool add ons.

* Yes your sled will be tuned open loop from us. closed loop is an option if you are wanting to set that up. we feel that a true closed loop tune is not effective on a snowmobile. we can talk more in depth with you on this subject if needed.

* Yes we have stock on hand.

* Yes Turbo Performance will give you a free pro Layout to set up your computer with.

Any other questions that I have not covered please post them up. For some reason people are still having a hard time wrapping their head around the standalone ecu concept. Brycter

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
We Only have approx 45 ecu's left this season. That is for our kit sales and change outs.
Response from the customers is amazing!
If you would love to see what the vipec can do for you. I invite you to down load the free vts software on Vi-pec.com and contact me i will send you over a generic base map and some loggs so you can see the power that we put in your hands.

I am also willing to put together a webnar or a training day if everyone wants to learn more.

brenner1815

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Help

need some help looking at a map for my turboed pro. made it to the mountains yesterday. Did not run good at all today. was hoping not to rent but may have to.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I had the chance to chat with Bryce in Puyallup at the show. I will be purchasing one for my next sled. He was by far one of the most intelligent turbo guys I have talked to in a while.. Nice, Not cocky. He has completely changed my opinion of the vipec..

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
need some help looking at a map for my turboed pro. made it to the mountains yesterday. Did not run good at all today. was hoping not to rent but may have to.

What do you need help with , do you have any data logs? , what is it doing , did the sled run good before going to the mountains ? , whos turbo kit ? need more info .

brenner1815

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Got a hold of Bryce and he walked me through to get it running a bit better. We made some fairly large adjustments to the bap map. Still have to do some fine tuning but getting there. Never ran so good. It's a silber turbo on a 13 pro.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Got a hold of Bryce and he walked me through to get it running a bit better. We made some fairly large adjustments to the bap map. Still have to do some fine tuning but getting there. Never ran so good. It's a silber turbo on a 13 pro.

That what i was thinking , if it was running good around home ( low elevation ) and started working sh!ty when you went up , it would be your Barometric correction map , glad you got it working better , Bryce is a good guy .

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
We Only have approx 45 ecu's left this season. That is for our kit sales and change outs.
Response from the customers is amazing!
If you would love to see what the vipec can do for you. I invite you to down load the free vts software on Vi-pec.com and contact me i will send you over a generic base map and some loggs so you can see the power that we put in your hands.

I am also willing to put together a webnar or a training day if everyone wants to learn more.

I would be interested , what is webnar ?

brenner1815

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Me too. I'm still a little skittish on where to add, remove or make changes. Bryce seems to have some formulas that get him very close on adjustments every time i talk to him.

Premium Features