• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris knee bash report. Lets hear it.

B

Banshee AL

Feb 15, 2003
Halfway OR
Good thread

This is a good thread on knee protection it should have been started in general sledding area as it seems that all the new chassis styles have problems with the cowl area (can’t say about Yamaha though).

I ride an 07 Cat M1K and after reading early reports on here about bashing knees from M owners I installed the Cat cowl/tank pads before I rode her for the first time.

I have banged the cowl on the M - hard many times but so far the cowl pads along with the knee pads in my Klim bibs have been enough but thinking that some extra protection would be a good thing.

I’ll be looking at some of the links posted on here for some additional protection this summer as I’ve gotten back into bike riding 2 years ago with a KTM 640A and a bike get off along with the resulting road rash is not something to look forward to.

I still have a good (I think) chest protector that I got when I was doing the sand shredding thing at St.Anthony and Little Sahara with a hopped up Banshee but I definitely feel I could use some more body armor for all the types of riding I do.

Thanks for the info.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Snowmobiles in general are prone to knee injuries and it has nothing to do with which brand or chassis type. I do where shinn gaurds as the side coolers on a poo will rip your skin up purty bad when fallilng off have scars to prove it both sides...

As for knee injuries I was riding with a gal from Denver last year and she did a small 8' drop and nosed it in on a ole 1997 700RMK and she ended up with a compression cut on right knee that took over 50 stitches.

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
Yup the bashing sucks.I'm gettin some knee pads next season otherwise they will be toast. Anyone got any suggestions? I was looking at some by 661. They seem to have a pretty good reputation in the mountain bike and moto x world.

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
hard shelled shin/knee guards are the only way to go IMHO. the pads in pants ain't gonna get it done when you really rack them. just as vital as tekvest my .02.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Who's yo daddy

Luke,

I'm your daddy.....errrrr> father!!!

OH!!!!!

I'm a baaaaad man!

Looks good to me...

n208200088_30569677_5894.jpg

Last edited:
D

dre

Jan 25, 2008
Portland OR
vimeo.com
kneepads are definitely a good idea

Dropped cornice. Banged knee into sled. Broken kneecap. Painful 1 hr ride back to the truck on one leg. 2 titanium screws in my kneecap. 10 weeks on crutches followed by rehab/PT. Missed 20 good snow days lying on the couch.
Knee pads next season...for sure.
Dre

Last edited:
N
Jan 11, 2008
Spokane, WA
Add me to the list, except I bashed my head off the handle bars and my knees on the running boards. Oh ya after doing a drop off also hit my knee after the first incident, about ended my day.

Premium Features