• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please Help the Utah Avalanche Center..

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
That's an Awesome gesture for sure. And the more events and opportunities to
raise money the better. I have had suggestion from a few to have something more centralized to the community. Which I am considering? After all the more people that come the better the night would be for everyone involved. There are alot of riders in Utah County that are on the forums and even more that are not. Seems most events like this take place in SLC or Ogden already making it tough for a lot of people to make the events. So I want to make it easy on the folks from Mt. pleasant, Nephi, on up to Santaquine and Spanish to look forward to and be able to make as well as the people from Alpine down to Springville. But I am not opposed to holding this event somewhere more localized to everyone from Logan down to Nephi. (if thats possible)
When I buy a theatre in SLC we can have it there too. Thunderstruck 86:face-icon-small-hap

Let's work on two events with the same or similar format. One in Weber Co. and one in Utah Co. That way we spread the :heart: and nobody feels left out.

BTW where is this restaurant in SF I keep reading about? I'm headed to Mesquite tonight and that might be a good spot to stop for some dinner.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
When I buy a theatre in SLC we can have it there too. Thunderstruck 86:face-icon-small-hap

Let's work on two events with the same or similar format. One in Weber Co. and one in Utah Co. That way we spread the :heart: and nobody feels left out.

BTW where is this restaurant in SF I keep reading about? I'm headed to Mesquite tonight and that might be a good spot to stop for some dinner.

Hey if you are going to be near Kolob before the sun goes down stop by my work on the way down and pick up a pass to get in. It is still good through Friday. I work just off 90th south in Sandy. If you get there right about sunset should be pretty cool. I know you would have to be leaving quite soon though.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Hey if you are going to be near Kolob before the sun goes down stop by my work on the way down and pick up a pass to get in. It is still good through Friday. I work just off 90th south in Sandy. If you get there right about sunset should be pretty cool. I know you would have to be leaving quite soon though.
Leaving home around 530 so we wouldn't make it. Thanks for the offer.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
We at Summit Signs & Graphics want to get in all this warm fuzzy stuff too.
I'm thinking We could donate/raffle off a custom full sled wrap to some lucky sledder and proceeds go to support the UAC.

What do you mean "get in" you were already full blown committed....

You just didn't know it yet..:face-icon-small-win

That would be a SICK Raffle to win!! :face-icon-small-coo

F

FUAC

Oct 12, 2009
www.utahavalanchecenter.org
Wow - this support is great. You guys rock!
We want to participate too. PM Avy Hunter or me with details as they come together and we'll get in on the action.
The budget cut stinks. The good news is that we made it this long without getting cut and the great news is that we have a strong community of friends that like to play in the snow that are watching out for us. The reality is that government funding is going down and there is a good chance that we will get cut again next year, so the community needs to step up if we are to maintain our level of service.
Something else to consider - if there is anyone out there with kids in middle or high school that have not seen the Know Before You Go program, talk to their teachers. We want to reach more kids this year, because knowing about avalanches is the best way to avoid them.

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
Wow - this support is great. You guys rock!
We want to participate too. PM Avy Hunter or me with details as they come together and we'll get in on the action.
The budget cut stinks. The good news is that we made it this long without getting cut and the great news is that we have a strong community of friends that like to play in the snow that are watching out for us. The reality is that government funding is going down and there is a good chance that we will get cut again next year, so the community needs to step up if we are to maintain our level of service.
Something else to consider - if there is anyone out there with kids in middle or high school that have not seen the Know Before You Go program, talk to their teachers. We want to reach more kids this year, because knowing about avalanches is the best way to avoid them.

This is great, hope we get this kind of support for the ride.

A

avyhunter

Nov 23, 2008
Wow is right... you're an amazing community!
Lots of great suggestions here. The movie nights in different locales is a killer idea. I'll get with Dan to co-ordinate and will keep y'all posted. In the mean time, if you need to reach me-
craig@utahavalanchecenter.org

Thanks for all the support!

R

RMKED

Jan 31, 2010
Woods Cross, Utah
www.ksl.com
Sounds like its all coming together! I am going to donate a printed panoramic picture that Drape took last year of the back side of the Wasatch (Yes, Drape is cool with this). The colors will liven up any house or office.
Size will be approximately 24" tall x 72" wide. If you were to buy something like this in a gallery you would pay $300.00 or better for it.

WasatchPano-1.jpg

Dec 5, 2007
Eagle Mountain
Not so fast here gents......

Where does our money go we donate?

Can the AFC show me where our money goes?

What federal or state agency do you know who has not had a budget cut in the past year?

Im not into threats by an agency saying we will reduce our services unless you give us our money, Craig when did the money and (donated) snowmobile become an entitlement and not a gift?

When will the AFC start to reduce thier costs like all the rest of us and all other agencys?

Will Bruce lobby behind the scenes again and get money taken away from State Parks or even within your own (Forest Service) so you guys can keep increasing your costs and salarys while just trying to maintain the level of service?

Let the flames begin!!!!

Doug Page

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Where does our money go we donate?

Can the AFC show me where our money goes?

What federal or state agency do you know who has not had a budget cut in the past year?

Im not into threats by an agency saying we will reduce our services unless you give us our money, Craig when did the money and (donated) snowmobile become an entitlement and not a gift?

When will the AFC start to reduce thier costs like all the rest of us and all other agencys?

Will Bruce lobby behind the scenes again and get money taken away from State Parks or even within your own (Forest Service) so you guys can keep increasing your costs and salarys while just trying to maintain the level of service?

Let the flames begin!!!!

Doug Page

I think this is the wrong forum for your rant. This is just a bunch of local sledders getting together...voluntarily...to raise funds for an organization that they appreciate. The fact that they have less money this year is just one of the factors involved.

If you don't want to participate then don't. But I see no reason for you to try and darken the bright day planned.

Thanks for your efforts Boss and all the others stepping up too

Premium Features