• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to me M7, and a motor mount problem

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Just bought this M7 on tuesday. Looked it over, but i missed one thing when i looked it over. I rebuilt the motor with new pistons, and all new seals. Went to put the motor in tonight and found this.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

The front motor mount of the PTO motor plate is egged out. I'm thinking i'm going to get a new carriage bolt, then get my mig welder and fill in the egged section around the bolt since you can't weld steel to aluminum with fusion welding. OR do you think it would be better to just fill the hole and then drill a new one to hammer the new carriage in? Here's pictures of how it's suppose to look(off my firecat)

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I just have a mig and spool gun with gas. It should be good enough, better then JB weld that's for sure. Is the exact spot for the motor mount need to be precise with the centre to centre/clutch alignment?

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
Looks good and deff better than JB Weld. I've done similar repairs before, I'll fill and then drill but then weld a large washer on and then mill off the thickness on the motor mount or bushing.

Premium Features