• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New motor from BRP

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I agree the 9r is way over priced. My turbo r was a few hundred over a 9r I had ordered. I backed out of the 9r after riding one.
As soon as you add the fancy optional colours, series 9 track and 7S display the price ballons to near the Boost price too. The Boost only comes with the 7S display.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
The 9R is much lighter than the Doo or Polaris Boost. Even lighter than a NA 850 Polaris. Lightest weight with good, quick revving power is best for tree riding. Doo should try and compete in this area.

The turbo r is quick revving, as for the weight, I will take the durability of light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Btw. belt drive is not anything new, my father still has two Swedish made Ockelbo 3500 from 1988, they have belt drives instead of chain.
most 70s sleds had extrovert drivers and they disappeared only to return again as well. want to go back?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The turbo r is quick revving, as for the weight, I will take the durability of light weight.

You think it revs faster than the Doo NA 850? There is no way. It at least could at best be equal if it was only pulling equal clutch weight, before the boost was built.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
You think it revs faster than the Doo NA 850? There is no way. It at least could at best be equal if it was only pulling equal clutch weight, before the boost was built.

I have not ridden the G5 na engine, I heard it’s better than the G4, as far as the G4 turbo to G5. The G5 is 100% better in response than the G4.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
sounds like the 9R has potential to be a great sled but judging from the posts and/or lack of around the various forums, it’s not quite the paradigm change the marketing would have you believe. I’d definitely consider owning one but not until I can ride a Polaris product w/o worrying about being towed out or a stop ride.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Doo has done a great job of quickly getting the power and speed to the track with the g5 turbo. Now if Poo could do the same...
agreed. I’m a mediocre sledder on my best day and even I noticed the improvement from the G5’s new track and skid redesign in terms of getting on top of the snow quicker and with less chance of getting stuck. a noticeable and welcome improvement.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Yes, I am spoiled but have a 2023 Polaris 9r Slash 165-2.75" and a 2022 Ski Doo Summit Turbo Expert 165-3.0". Both are great sleds and serve me very well. For the DEEP DAYS the turbo shines, but for exploring and tree ridding the 9r is easier to ride as it requires less effort. The weight difference between the two sleds is very noticeable.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Yes, I am spoiled but have a 2023 Polaris 9r Slash 165-2.75" and a 2022 Ski Doo Summit Turbo Expert 165-3.0". Both are great sleds and serve me very well. For the DEEP DAYS the turbo shines, but for exploring and tree ridding the 9r is easier to ride as it requires less effort. The weight difference between the two sleds is very noticeable.

Wait till you get a G5. The G4 chassis feels like a tank when I get on one now.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
As soon as you add the fancy optional colours, series 9 track and 7S display the price ballons to near the Boost price too. The Boost only comes with the 7S display.

The 9r was series 8 and small guage all black. My turbo r is an expert small guage.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
The 9R is much lighter than the Doo or Polaris Boost. Even lighter than a NA 850 Polaris. Lightest weight with good, quick revving power is best for tree riding. Doo should try and compete in this area.
The 9r is significantly lighter and significantly less durable than 850 na or turbo poo or doo.. maybe poo should try competing in the durability area.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The 9r is significantly lighter and significantly less durable than 850 na or turbo poo or doo.. maybe poo should try competing in the durability area.
The 9R is not signifigantly lighter than a Polaris NA 850 but is compared to any Doo. They are also very durable other than the clutch and A-arms are a bit weak, Not unlike the Doo rails. Braces are required for both.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
The 9R is not signifigantly lighter than a Polaris NA 850 but is compared to any Doo. They are also very durable other than the clutch and A-arms are a bit weak, Not unlike the Doo rails. Braces are required for both.
Fuel pumps, tracks, spark plugs, side panels like to fall off. A one time purchase for rail braces is much less expensive than any of those.

D
Dec 22, 2018

Doo rails are weak? That's the only thing you could think of? Doo rails are strongest on the deep snow segment and can take a lot beating.

Premium Features