• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My New Mirage

H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
Like Ron used to say.
Reagan-Quote--Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things.--T-Shirts.jpg

There you have it.
The OWNER of the manufacturing company, reading your posts, following along in this thread, RESPONDING directly to your posts.

What other MAJOR MANUFACTURER do you see here on SnoWest that is taking this level of PERSONAL interest in his product and his company?

Forgive me for noticing, but other major manufacturers haven't had to.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Forgive me for noticing, but other major manufacturers haven't had to.

You will excuse me if I chuckle just a bit at that.
Most manufacturers are SCARED TO DEATH to participate in these forums.
On this I can speak with no small degree of authority as I speak to them pretty regularly, both trying to get them to participate and dealing with their complaints of members bashing their company or products.

Make no mistake, they ALL MONITOR SnoWest.
But only a very few have the intestinal fortitude to dive in and directly participate!.

Mirage Trailers is one of only a tiny few MAJOR MANUFACTURERS a in the Snowmobile industry to do so.

Speaks volumes to what Mirage is all about and their company commitment to building better and better trailers year after year.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I call bullcrap on the side vents being needed to stop dirt from coming in. I owned a Cargo Mate trailer for several years and have had a Trails West for the last 3. I don't have a dirt or snow issue in the back of the trailer. My trailer isn't perfect, but from all the stories that I've heard over the years about Mirage, it's the best for the money by far.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
In my opinion, American Hauler makes a good, low cost trailer.

Have buddies with steel & alum versions. Both holding up pretty good, considering their cost.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I call bullcrap on the side vents being needed to stop dirt from coming in. I owned a Cargo Mate trailer for several years and have had a Trails West for the last 3. I don't have a dirt or snow issue in the back of the trailer. My trailer isn't perfect, but from all the stories that I've heard over the years about Mirage, it's the best for the money by far.
You may call crap.
But if the manufacturer of the trailer is saying there is a reason they normally sell all of their trailers with this specific feature, maybe, JUST MAYBE, the manufacturer actually knows what the heck they are talking about?

I mean, its not like Mirage designed or built the trailer.
Can't imagine any reason at all why THEY might have a tad bit more insight into how their trailer works than anyone else out there....

Considering they are willing to install the vents at no cost, what on earth do you have to lose??

D

DenverSnowBike

Feb 4, 2015
Denver, CO
After reading all these posts, I'd buy a Mirage Trailer tomorrow! To show they actually care, came up with a resolution, and apologized to an unhappy customer is AWESOME. That's hard to find anywhere nowadays.

I'm actually in the market to scoop one up before next fall and will definitely be looking hard at Mirage!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
You may call crap.
But if the manufacturer of the trailer is saying there is a reason they normally sell all of their trailers with this specific feature, maybe, JUST MAYBE, the manufacturer actually knows what the heck they are talking about?

I mean, its not like Mirage designed or built the trailer.
Can't imagine any reason at all why THEY might have a tad bit more insight into how their trailer works than anyone else out there....

Considering they are willing to install the vents at no cost, what on earth do you have to lose??

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, other manufacturers can build a better sealing trailer that doesn't need these bandaids. I'm glad mine doesn't need them.

H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
Maybe, JUST MAYBE, other manufacturers can build a better sealing trailer that doesn't need these bandaids. I'm glad mine doesn't need them.

Excellent. A logical point has been made. I am glad someone chimed in that doesn't have the Mirage blinders on.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
trailer

I have a stelth iv never had inside trailer other than what i drag in, they way it looks i just finished my 5th year with it, it was chep and all aluminum and still works good its 29x7 and paid under 9 grand new.:noidea:

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
trailer

I have a stelth iv never had snow insidetrailer other than what i drag in, they way it looks i just finished my 5th year with it, it was chep and all aluminum and still works good its 29x7 and paid under 9 grand new.:noidea:

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
I have a 35 foot (30 box plus 5 V) inline Rance Renegade that I use for snowmobiles in the winter, and canoeing in the summer where I drive many miles of dirt roads and goat trails. Never had any dust in four years of heavy use including driving in near zero visibility conditions several times.

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
It's too bad you're having the issues with your Mirage trailer, I've had three and not one of them had dust or snow issues coming in from the doors, than again, mine had the cross through vents. I've traveled many dirt roads following other trucks and haven't seen dust issues coming in through the front vent.

Take Rob up on his offer to make things right, install the vents and see if it helps. It is rare to see an owner getting on a forum to defend there product - it usually goes sideways. I know of many other trailers made by different manufactures and they all have their issues. Some talk about them and some don't, for the price point I'm very happy with my Mirage.

By the way - Yours looks very nice, I wish I had the screw less siding on mine. I opted for an extended tongue, silver color and upgraded wheels. I hope you get yours fixed to the degree you keep it, I love the way they pull!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
My experience...

I have a 28' Teton Sport (combo car hauler / sled trailer) that I purchased in the fall of 2014. I ended up with forced air furnace, nudo flooring, and the highmark blackout package, so it was a higher end Mirage trailer. This trailer is possibly the best unit I've owned to date, no leaks, pulls great. Previous units included an MTI (solid trailer as well), Aluma, Cargo-Mate, and a Featherlite. The Teton is a heavy trailer, but I don't mind the weight in exchange for a heavier build quality. As my tow rig is a Dodge diesel 1 ton SRW, the weight is a non issue. Price wise, it wasn't a cheap trailer, but it was $5000 less then the comparable Trails West Prior to purchase. I looked at a 28' Trails West RPM Burandt Trailer, and honestly, you couldn't give me one - too much chassis flex, air gaps (daylight) in door openings sitting empty on dealer's lot in Airdrie - and all 7 of them were the same. IMHO, you are far better off to purchase a trailer that is overbuilt for your application (minimal flex), and the lower deck helps with handling when pulling.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Wenatchee, Wa
I hesitated to post this because it wasn't me, but seems it relevant to the discussion. My brother bought a mirage extreme snow around ten years ago. The rear door fell off within the first year, mirage refused to even look at it, let alone fix it.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
I purcahsed my first Mirage 2 years ago and love the trailer. I did have a few issues (electrical short somewhere popping the tail light fuse, and man door issue). Mirage was more than willing to step up and fix the problem no questions asked. They even gave me some other accessories for my trailer free of charge for the problems. I cant say enough good about Rob and the incredible service that he provides. There is not another trailer manufacturer that cares the way Mirage does. In my extended family we have owned everything from Charmac, Trails West, Haulmark, ETC ETC and now 4 out of 5 of us own Mirage. The only remaining one left is a newer Trails West and it sits in the driveway most trips because no one wants to try to lift the stupid heavy back door. It is by far the worst trailer I have ever seen and cost much more than the comparable Mirage. I would highly recommend Mirage to anyone wanting a new trailer. Oh ya I have never once had snow or dust inside my trailer.

Premium Features