• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotoTrax Questions and Concerns

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Well -------- now that it's documented I'd give that all thread a custom bend so you can at least ride .

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Well -------- now that it's documented I'd give that all thread a custom bend so you can at least ride .

I can't really, because that is how you adjust the chain tension also.

I thought about reaming the hole out but that wont work either because when the nut tightens down there is a flat spot the bolt head and nut go on the adjuster so it would go right back to being angled all crazy.

S
Mar 8, 2008
It needs to be able to slide freely in that slot.
I'd ask for a refund and go rent a snowbike a couple times. Then get a 18 kit snowchecked when you find one you like

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Did you try to flip the round bar over

Yes. doesn't fit its been welded at a clocked angle or the machining is wrong... Is my conclusion.

Mototrax wants me to take it to my dealership on Monday now...for their mechanics to look at it ( they will come to the same conclusion I have I guarantee )

Things I tried.

1. Removed the threaded bolt and the nut completely, put side bolts in without the threaded bolt as a test. that fits fine.

2. with side bolts in and the threaded bolt out, tried putting threaded bolt back in. will not line up it cannot thread back in.

3. Removed the threaded bolt from the Original bulkhead and tried it and the round bar on the new one. wont fit...same problem.

4. Flipped the round bar around and tried 2 diffrent round bars.

Tried it like this to make sure without the threaded bolt in there it would fit... well the bolt wont go in, and i started cross threading it trying.

For Refrence, here is how it is supposed to look.. this is on my ORIGINAL bulkhead. No mototrax, my bolt is not bent. I tried both bolts I am not an imbecile. Putting a bolt through a hole is not a difficult thing when the holes line up lol.

Last edited:
H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
ITS A TIME BOMB
If you have not had problems with this track system you will.

Sorry to see you go through this KTMDirtface

Dealers get $75 /hr from Mototraxs to work on all these problems I think anyone that did their own work on these tracks should be entitled to the same $75/hr rate for warranty work.

SEND MOTOTRAX AN INVOICE

L

LFM2

Feb 4, 2013
Seriously, I wish you guys would give this a rest. Have a look at the Member Sled Builds forum and see the ingenuity of the members of this forum. If you need more than a couple of minutes to deal with this little bit of misalignment then you should send the kit back and probably get out of the sport. You obviously couldn't deal with a breakdown in the wilderness which could cost you your life.
There is nothing that this company can do that will change your opinions. I'm sure that many others recognize it too. I for one am sick of hearing about it.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Seriously, I wish you guys would give this a rest. Have a look at the Member Sled Builds forum and see the ingenuity of the members of this forum. If you need more than a couple of minutes to deal with this little bit of misalignment then you should send the kit back and probably get out of the sport. You obviously couldn't deal with a breakdown in the wilderness which could cost you your life.
There is nothing that this company can do that will change your opinions. I'm sure that many others recognize it too. I for one am sick of hearing about it.

Are you referring to me?

Yes I could do some barnyard shop hacks to make it work.

But for ~$5k I kinda expect to be able to at least mount it without getting out the angle grinder and dremel.

Thankfully mototrax being very responsive and helpful and still trying to take care of me. They genuinely try to help. They seem to have some quality control issues of some sort, and I seemed to have had the worst luck ever and got the brunt of it and it ended up on the forum. It unfortunate for them hopefully they learn from it and clean up the mistakes, but its not my problem.

Its going to the dealer tomorrow morning and one way or another I will be taken care of. I don't know the options for me yet, one is that mototrax will take care of it. the other options with my dealer are up in the air I won't know till tomorrow.

Last edited:

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010

Your first post? You appear to be a plant from Mototrax. We come to this forum to share information which includes good and bad experiences. What snowbike kit do you own? Have you purchased a kit you cannot ride?

D
Feb 23, 2017
Cascades

So let us get this straight… You joined the forums in February of 2013 and this is you first post? So for 4 years you have been quiet but now all of a sudden you can’t take it anymore & you have to say something? wow.

Well, I for one definitely want to spend $4k+ on a product that doesn't work. See, I like to give my money to other guys to give me things that don’t work so that I can use my ingenuity to fix them later. Yesterday I bought a $200 custom bucket that had a bunch of holes in it, I'm going to use my ingenuity to fill them in later when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, what a score!

I mean, who expects bolts & holes to align, that is flying fairy expectations there!

:juggle:

Last edited:
M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon

The kit is sold and advertised as a bolt on kit, thus meaning there should be no modification to the kit or ingenuity needed for the install, bolt on and go. It's a pretty simple that the kit pictured above had some serious issues preventing that.

And FYI - using anything mechanized in the "wilderness" is a federal crime.

L
Nov 18, 2014
CDA, ID
Im a pretty mellow rider, ski hardly leaves the ground and this is what I've found. My aluminum rear slider bushing is egged out and now it's beating the **** out of the lower mount. We'll see how the warranty claim works out...

IMG_0531.jpg IMG_0530.jpg

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
Im a pretty mellow rider, ski hardly leaves the ground and this is what I've found. My aluminum rear slider bushing is egged out and now it's beating the **** out of the lower mount. We'll see how the warranty claim works out...

Hopefully they send you the spring conversion they are working on. I built a spring slider for my 2016 kit. Works great but I could definitely use a stiffer spring.

Premium Features