• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motorfist! My mid-season experience so far

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I love the helmet. It's light and keeps my head warm. I can actually wear it without my balaclava. As for the goggles I have found that my Spy goggles fit and seal better than my Scott's. I am hoping to try the new 509s this weekend. Both the Aviator and the Sinister styles. The only thing I have an issue with is the removeable helmet cam visor piece. The little tabs keep cracking and then my visor moves. I ended up chaulking the piece onto the spare visor and giving that a shot. So far so good. It really is a great idea but needs some revision. I went ahead and stuck the helmet cam piece that GoPro provides on the helmet. I also cut the loops off and installed a qwik connect on the chin strap. But I do that with every helmet I own.

My gloves. I have the WOTs and the Valkyries. I have only worn the Valkries once but I am wearing the WOTs daily. I have no issues whatsoever with these. They work very well and my hands stay warm and dry. The Sno Seal really helps keep the leather from becoming saturated with moisture. I like this year's model better than last year's.

My boots. Holding up better than expected with the Airframes and the aggressivness of the traction studs. I have been in creeks, deep snow, dry snow and wet snow. My feet have not gotten wet yet. Toasty warm with no sweaty, stinky socks at the day's end. The ONLY time my feet got wet was when I was digging someone out and I "post-holed" into the snow and the gators on the bibs came up and over the boot. Motorfist solved that problem by sending me some loops that I sewed onto my gators that go around the laces and snap back together. Works awesome now.

The outerwear is awesome. Light, warm and you can move without feeling restricted. Even with my TekVest.

I cannot rate the base layers as I don't have any, I have to use the base layering I already have and it's not MF gear. It is good stuff though.

I'd really like to thank MotorFist, MFGuy and Justin Stevens at Motorfist for hooking me up with the boots, gloves, hoody, t-shirt, jersey and the helmet. Whether ot not I paid for the gear, I love it. It is my only gear. And I can swear to that. I am not singing a song for them and then riding with Klim or HMK gear. I am being very sincere and honest in my reviews. I'd love to be able to try the rest of the stuff because they really are one of the best out there and their customer service is HANDS DOWN the best. I hope that they can give me the opportunity to try out the rest of the equipment. And I really hope that they create some dirt gear that rivals the Dakar gear. *hint hint* I'd love to be the test dummy for that.

M
Feb 28, 2011
MT Lassen
Thanks for the review.

I love my Dominator helmet and my WOT gloves are my new favorites this season. I've had the same problem with my visor on the helmet and the velcro closure on one of my gloves has torn, but other than I have been nothing but pleased with them.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Kapowsin, WA
Love the weight and fit of my helmet but lost the camera mount the first time I head butted a tree branch. Now my visor gets a little floppy. Duct tape fixes all.

I really like my sidehill jacket. The Valkryie gloves are just way too warm. I usually only wear them for the long ride back to the truck at the end of the day.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Love my gear too.

I did find though, that I have to lace my boots (2011-12 version) tight. My boot gaitors (on the klim pants I have to wear right now) are not tight and when I walk in deep snow, snow gets in my boots just above ankle height. Would like to see the edges of the tongue go up higher.

I've worn out my WOT gloves in 2.5 seasons. Got em in fall of 2010.
Not waterproof anymore. Oh no. LOL
Been changing them out a couple hours into every ride now. Time for a new pair. Old pair will be for DRY use only.
Need some sno seal, i guess. BUT, there are a couple of stitching holes that are stretched out and I think that's an entry point for moisture.

Last edited:

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I also have the Dominator helmet and Stomper boots. I have last years sidehill jacket. The jacket and boots are 100% perfect. I really like the weight of the helmet but I also had problems with the visor clip. It broke in my bag before I even used it the first time. We were in WY on a trip so I super glued it. The trim piece surrounding the face opening also came loose in one spot. I glued that down also. Now I love my helmet!

Premium Features