• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boots - Klim vs Tobe?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've been wearing Klim Adrenaline GTX boots for almost 20 years. The soles are always the first to fail and require replacement of an otherwise perfectly good boot. My feet have never been cold or wet until the sole starts to come apart to the point where you can see the guts of the boot around the toe area. I'm not one to kick my running boards as the new sleds don't really need much help evacuating snow/ice. I see that Klim has a "Michelin" label on the soles now - wondering if that's changed anything?

Are the Tobe boots holding up any better? With the price of gear these days, I figured I'd get some feedback before I pull the trigger on a new pair.

Klim GTX.jpegTobe Cordus.png

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Tobe are very comfortable. Always dry.
Also, if you need to warranty, you will be happier with Tobe.
Early models had issues at the back where the chord tightens. Mine tore into the boot after 2 years. I had a new pair on my door step within 4 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowman10

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 23, 2019
I have owned both brands and had a warranty issue with the tongue on my Tobe boots. Tobe sent me a new pair and allowed me to keep the old pair as well. I put some shoe goo on the tongue and still used them for a time. No matter what you end up buying, wear a pair of Alpaca socks and you will be much happier.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
My main boots has been klim for the last 6-8 years. The soles are the first thing to wear out. The same can be said for the other brands of boots I wore the prior 20 years lol

i got the Klim snow bike boots with the beefier sole last year and they seem to be wearing better than the traditional Klim boots.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Update: I went with the Klim. Ordered online mid last week and had them in my hands yesterday. High quality boot and my first Boa. Looking forward to using them if it ever snows.

I'm going to send my old boots out to get the sole replaced and keep them as backups.

Premium Features