• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx Hood/Headlight Weight

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Anybody take the Matryx hood off one of the demo's? Did the hood assembly with the new led blade headlight weigh less than the AXYS hood assembly, and/or thoughts on replacing with Skinz Helium when they become available?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Anybody take the Matryx hood off one of the demo's? Did the hood assembly with the new led blade headlight weigh less than the AXYS hood assembly, and/or thoughts on replacing with Skinz Helium when they become available?

I was able to disassemble a Khaos slash boost in the dealer shop.

The hood, gauge and storage compartment assembly is heavier than an axys hood assembly………

Estimate a pound or two…..

D
Oct 31, 2013
NH
I popped one off the boost demo we had to install a data logger for Polaris. It feel like its double the weight of the Axys hood. Im sure its not double but I was surprised at how heavy it was.

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Wouldn't mind seeing something that incorporates a little less storage and doesn't stick up as much for the models with smaller gauge. My sled spends a decent amount of time up side down and interested to see how long it takes to punch that storage lid in.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
THe first thing We talked about when getting hands on a new matryx and stripping panels was how nice a light simple vac formed hood would work. lay the gauge down more.

While the OEM setup is super function is definately complex and the mega trunk does contribute to a large portion of what you see as the sleds "size". I'd probably run a stock hood for early season until the days are long but a skinz helium style hood would do VERY well on the new sleds. Especially how small the tunnel and tank already look the mini body would make them wild.

Also really cool that the air intake continues to be not part of the hood so you really only would mess with your light and storage capacity.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I will say that the cmx (early skinz)panels I have... quality and feel wise...are what the skinz helium hoods SHOULD be like. Light is right but most of the helium plastic'd sleds I see look ... "funky" to be nice.

We all want function, but I want it to look good or even better if possible. Obviously this is subjective. I hate black wheels and some love them

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Matryx RMK Hood, light, regular gauges
11 lbs 10 oz.
If someone that can build a sleek looking replacement light and a lowerer the gauge down a lot and shaving a whole lot of weight will have a product that will sell.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
The weight is probably in the headlight assy .... no ? That was the case with the previous hood. I doubt the plastic is all that heavy. So a headlight delete would make a huge difference. (when they come out).....

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hopefully 4werx comes out with a carbon one without the box on top that looks like a loaded diaper.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I'm quessing 7lbs. of the 10 is the light assembly, and 7s guage.

Last edited:
Premium Features