• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx Boost WOT Bog

R
Sep 25, 2009
Big Sky, MT
2022 Pro RMK Boost 165. Stock. 600 miles. New fuel pump filters installed with springs (installed on a previously very whiny fuel pump). Stock weights at 8-10k elevation.

Sled has a very persistent bog at WOT. Sometimes it pulls perfect, then the next WOT pull it will hold 8400 RPM for a few seconds then fall down below 7k rpm. I can sometimes chop the throttle and get it to pull through the bog for a few seconds, other times I cannot. It happens when in all WOT conditions- Pow turns, climbing, driving straight through a meadow. I had 2 buddies with the same sled out on the same trip and they were not having bogging issues. It doesn't seem to be the "powder bog" that people have explained. It has happened when the filters are completely clear.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
A couple of things to consider -

If your fuel pump was very whiney for some time, it may have alot of wear on it, and is now not providing enough fuel at WOT. It may be about to fail prematurely, so might need replaced.

Also . . did you put on the new updated fuel filters that are provided in the official fix to a whiney fuel pump? These new filters have only been in stock for about a week or so.

My fuel pump had just started to whine at the end of the last ride, and they put these new filters on . . .whine is completely gone!

Hope this helps . . .

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
2022 Pro RMK Boost 165. Stock. 600 miles. New fuel pump filters installed with springs (installed on a previously very whiny fuel pump). Stock weights at 8-10k elevation.

Sled has a very persistent bog at WOT. Sometimes it pulls perfect, then the next WOT pull it will hold 8400 RPM for a few seconds then fall down below 7k rpm. I can sometimes chop the throttle and get it to pull through the bog for a few seconds, other times I cannot. It happens when in all WOT conditions- Pow turns, climbing, driving straight through a meadow. I had 2 buddies with the same sled out on the same trip and they were not having bogging issues. It doesn't seem to be the "powder bog" that people have explained. It has happened when the filters are completely clear.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
99% sure its going rich. mine has it as well. soon as i hit 11.2 AFR she bogs. every time at wide open. does yours do it right away or seems worse when the pipe gets hot?

J
Dec 14, 2010
Mine does the same thing. I have to let off the throttle for a second every few seconds in order to keep climbing at WOT. Not sure how to fix but it got me stuck a couple of times today so it’s a problem.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
How can you tell if coil is going bad? Mine through an ev actuator code, and after that I could only hit 7800 RPM. Code seemed to clear, and it seemed to run fine, just didn't have the top end. I could still here wastegate, no other codes. Not sure what to look at.

C
Nov 21, 2015
Check your fuel setting. When I took mine in for all the recalls and updates it switched into non premium mode and had a bad bog. In the 91 setting it runs perfect.

J
Dec 14, 2010
I believe that the soft rubber pipe between the airbox and the turbo collapses when the air intakes get covered with snow in deep snow. I put a hard ring inside that rubber pipe so it doesn’t collapse and rode in deep snow today. It didn’t bogg once. That rubber piece should have been made thicker and stiffer by Polaris……maybe they fixed for the ‘23 models, not sure. Mine is a ‘22.

Flyingcasey

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2024
Eastern Washington
24 Boost. Deep powder today. Intake Plenum (the crappy cardboard intake) completely collapsed at the neck prior to the cold intake hose that attaches to the turbo. I have the extra breather under the hood in the airbox from Speedwerx, the RPM downpipe tubes and it still imploded.
2nd ride. Crappy design. Anyone else had this issue?

Flyingcasey

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2024
Eastern Washington
Looks like it would mount right up but the intake hoses look different than on a 24 on their site.. I changed the stock to the RPM intake hoses but the angles look diff..
Ill call them and see if it will work on a 24! Thanks for the input!

B
Feb 17, 2019
24 Boost. Deep powder today. Intake Plenum (the crappy cardboard intake) completely collapsed at the neck prior to the cold intake hose that attaches to the turbo. I have the extra breather under the hood in the airbox from Speedwerx, the RPM downpipe tubes and it still imploded.
2nd ride. Crappy design. Anyone else had this issue?

Very interesting…. Curious, how you determined the cardboard intake collapsed?

I’m guessing that’s my deep pow issue too. I have a 22 boost with the IBEXX air intakes, Diamond S can (bogs just the same with the stock can or the Diamond S can) and I have the RPM silicone 90° deal. I get a bad powder bog with right or left turns.

I just ordered the mountain tech mod mentioned above. I really think that’ll be the final addition it needs not to bog in deep pow. Fingers crossed…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Very interesting…. Curious, how you determined the cardboard intake collapsed?

I’m guessing that’s my deep pow issue too. I have a 22 boost with the IBEXX air intakes, Diamond S can (bogs just the same with the stock can or the Diamond S can) and I have the RPM silicone 90° deal. I get a bad powder bog with right or left turns.

I just ordered the mountain tech mod mentioned above. I really think that’ll be the final addition it needs not to bog in deep pow. Fingers crossed…

Very intersting that you get bogs on right and left turns. No bogs when going straight? If not could something be going on in the fuel tank where it starves when leaning over?

Flyingcasey

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2024
Eastern Washington
When I got home I tore it down to figure out bog. I ordered that kit as well. Hope it works!
Any chance it got physical damage from a roll over or something to start that collapse? Mine still looks good. What year is yours? Just wondering f they are all the same?
Nope. Second ride. Never been on its top.
Was in deep snow though.

B
Feb 17, 2019
Very intersting that you get bogs on right and left turns. No bogs when going straight? If not could something be going on in the fuel tank where it starves when leaning over?

Sorry… Yes, I get bogs carving left, right, and going straight. Mine has basically always bogged in deeper pow. From these posts, and thinking about it my cardboard part of the intake has always had a little bit of, say, a deformed weak section right before the 90° elbow to the turbo. Not as bad as the photo above, but it’s weak right there before the elbow.

Premium Features