• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lower handlebar heat

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Have any electrically minded people figured out how to lower the heat on the bars? I imagine a resistor would need to be added to circuits but I don't know what tf I am doing. The Ti bars start to give me blisters on high and are basically unusable for more than 5 minutes. Would love to get closer back to the factory heat levels.

Pretty sure this cannot be controlled via an ECU/Digital wrench. Also cant remember how the wiring works but would love to not mess with the throttle heat.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Probably like me. High is too hot and low is too cold. They advertised the 22 with climate controlled hot grips like the trail sleds. Then backed out. Got to have something to entice in the future. Would be nice instead of just high and low.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Seems pretty obvious to just have a dial (or a slider on the display) to move the heat up and down at more levels than low or high.

A good ol rheostat would do us right!

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I'm loving the high heat on my 23. Finally I can get warm hands and drop them to low.
First off, everyone hates you for already having a 23...

But in all seriousness, how do you ride with them on high if there is any snow hitting your hands/bars? My experience is that high setting just builds ice everywhere if you're riding deep pow.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
I wonder if Polaris decided to not put the sensors in the grips on the RMKs due to so many people switch out for aftermarket bar setups?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Seems unlikely. I suspect they just had one more thing that wasn't quite ready for prime time, or supply chain meant they couldn't deliver as they'd hoped/planned.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

But in all seriousness, how do you ride with them on high if there is any snow hitting your hands/bars? My experience is that high setting just builds ice everywhere if you're riding deep pow.
I ride with them on high with skinz grizzly gauntlets.

Was -15f today.

5AD06BE8-84FA-41F1-B92A-C9EB76E8B6E7.jpegCBF6EB53-CB07-4120-ABAE-4E9ADD41F780.jpeg

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ur all gonna hate me.
I ride most of the day without handwarmers and also wear thin gloves, (klim inversion, motofist WOT) and still sweat.

Polaris needs to copy another thing from cat and give u 5 settings for hands and another separate 5 settings for the thumb.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
A buddy of mine used to build mod sleds a long time ago. He never put hand warmers on. I told him no way. He always said our hand were cold because we were melting snow and getting our gloves wet. There is something to that but not going to leave mine off.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

Sorry to those still waiting. When my gloves get wet if it is not too cold outside often i will just go to high on the heat bars. This keeps my hands warm enough to keep riding and when the conditions are good there is no time to stop and switch out wet goves. There are days that hot bars can cause ice but you have 2 choices for the bars, hot and wet or cold and dry.

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
When my gloves get wet I change then to dry ones. I always carry extras.

It takes a lot of heat from bar warmers to overcome the fact that you lose heat about 25 times faster when your skin is wet.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Kinda derailed here so I'll keep it off the rails. Has anyone played around to see what would be needed to make smart warmers work?

Obviously new heaters, I imagine a new harness from the clutch side bag of connections to the hood/display to let the display know smart warmers are equipped.

Are the handlebar controls a requirement? I imagine that could be the key blocker for the RMKs

According to Polaris' website, 7S is not required. I assume that means the display does not need to be programmed or fooled into the thinking it is a trail sled. Hoping that just having something plugged in unlocks that part of the displays

Edit: https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/lhc-smartwarmers-calibration-and-service.1879231/

Looks like the LHC module is a key component. We would have to replicate some key functionality that it provides and have the dealer calibrate using digital wrench. RMK service manual screenshots show LHC calibration is an option but who knows if it works in practice.

Last edited:

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Ur all gonna hate me.
I ride most of the day without handwarmers and also wear thin gloves, (klim inversion, motofist WOT) and still sweat.

Polaris needs to copy another thing from cat and give u 5 settings for hands and another separate 5 settings for the thumb.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
i used to be the same way - no heater with Moto gloves

as ive gotten older im up to think Klim gloves with heaters on low - getting soft AF with age haha

Premium Features