• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets see Pictures of Longtracked IQR mods!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J
Jun 11, 2005
Clearwater BC
Better description....IQr 440 in the mountains....when it's all tapped out......the snot comes out!!!

snot.gif

U
Dec 15, 2007
Awesome looking sled. Can you give me any more details and where you are located. I'm looking for a rolling chassis like yours.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I'm also curious how hard it would be to stuff a Cat motor in the race chassis. I've seen a few 900 big bores in the swap meet for around $2,500.

T
Nov 26, 2007
I have an Arctic Cat 800 motor for sale on ebay right now, $1250.00 is the reserve price, its an 02 EFI with 2200 miles on it. item #260227559252

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
why is everyone wanting to bother with mod motors??? i thought we already decided that mod motors were a thing of the past? even nitrous is falling out of the scene, turbos replace mod motors, far more reliable, and way more fun! plus you have a lot less weight in the motor, smaller displacement motor with more power than the big ones! ??? somebody back me up here

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
a cat motor would be no harder then a big block poo motor in fact i think a cat motor might be easier cause the dont have such a massive recoil/water pump housing.. give brad at power addiction a call he makes a motor plate that is not drilled so u just set the plate in place and then set ur cases mark ur holes and drill away if the motor is to tall u can get a mod post and hoop from polaris that gives u plenty of clearnece. pipes id say get ahold of ted at terra alps or even try neil at NPP he makes some amazing pipes

i can get the part numbers for the mod post and hoop if any one needs them pm me

K
Nov 29, 2007
Kelowna BC
the cat motor is alot larger on the bottom end dimensional wise, so trying to squeeze it in and keep the clutches aligned, plus the angle the motors sits in the chassis so the carbs clamp on , pipes come out nice, it wasn't so easy! I had this motor in and out I can't count the number of times! had to carve out some of the chassis then re enforce it on the pto side, add in motor supports, rebuilt the hoop and shock support piping to fit the larger motor, and pipes. did it in chromoly on our race sled. we build all the parts, engine plates, pipes, airboxes etc..
This is not just an engine swap for the guys without alot of tools and a tig welder. we do alot of custom stuff and it helps with ideas for all our builds.
this motor sits low so riding it it don't feel to bad with a big 1200 twin compared to a 440! the whole chassis has a low centre mass weight so its a dream to throw around even with a 46" ski stance.
the drop and roll on this chassis is awesome making it more like a rmk mtn chassis, its not a major drop and roll but enough to get the jackshaft out of the way from the big 48mm carbs, plus it works on the 440- 600 motors or the cat motor for the stock belt length, on our 1200 cat motor race sled we run a yamy belt. Same belt all year. thats why we recommend doing the tunnel kit and engine install work at the shop here.

Ted
Terra Alps Racing inc.
www.terraalpsracing.com

U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska
I just rode the snot out of my recently purchased '07 IQr 440 in the mountains all day long!! What a blast!! Thanks Rookie!!

I couldn't believe how much fun I had with that little 440 in the spring snow.

More power and a wwwaaayyy bigger track than the 121 X 1 1/4" will be the project over the summer!!!

.....did I say I revved the snot out of that sled all day long??? Race gas and Syn 2-stroke oil smells SSSOOOOOO good!!!! BBBBRRRRAAAAPPPPP!!!!

:D:D i totally agree with you justpinit i picked one up a few days ago and rode one the first time they are a blast to ride :D cant wait to ride it with alot more power and a bigger track :D :D

Premium Features