• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park Snow Conditions for 22-23 season.

TurboSportTSi

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2022
Lewistown, MT
Or learn the non main access routes…..
Pretty great ride again today, snow was a bit heavy but untouched area again.
From main roads or from the normal trailhead parking areas? Main concern would be parking for rig + enclosed. I haven't even been there yet, so figuring out a shortcut is difficult without knowing the destination. :LOL:

Might lug the family down there this weekend just to see the place, but not sure if it's worth the hassle for trail riding when our normal spot is ~2hrs and West/IP area is 4-5 hrs. Our little ZR200 is pretty cool & surprisingly capable, but not that capable! Will probably save the trip for when I can find some folks to ride off-trail with.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Be a great ride for the kiddos and wife on trail but shoot for some sunny weather that way you get the views and warm for them! You can ride up to two top and see the Tetons and the wind rivers and all the way back the Taylor Hildegard and centennials. Stay at the spring hill Marriott it’s pretty affordable and you can ride from the lot . Can see the river and hot tub it after. Good pizza and Mexican next door. Great trail ride with a burger joint in the trail. Your family will like it!

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
It’s still storming there with plenty of snowpack.
Nobody was there all week, found untracked every day.

We ride mostly starting at main lots, parking a 34’. We have a few spots with access closest from cabin, didn’t need to hit them this trip.

TurboSportTSi

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2022
Lewistown, MT
Thanks Charlie & IDspud!

The Marriott is exactly where I was planning to stay. I'd like to check out Sawtelle at some point too, but they really jack the rates up for the weekend. Will do it at some point though, just for the experience. I've got a ton of vacation that I need to burn though, so weekday stays are definitely an option. Also, anywhere a 34' GN ? will fit, my 4-place bumper pull will fit, so that's good to know. Riding from the hotel would be nice, as it's a long enough trip to where we'd have to get a hotel room anyway.

Christopher, it looks like the storm slid to the right a bit. Doesn't look like great weather to bring the family out in. Looking like more snow than initially predicted, which is awesome!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thanks Charlie & IDspud!

The Marriott is exactly where I was planning to stay. I'd like to check out Sawtelle at some point too, but they really jack the rates up for the weekend. Will do it at some point though, just for the experience. I've got a ton of vacation that I need to burn though, so weekday stays are definitely an option. Also, anywhere a 34' GN ? will fit, my 4-place bumper pull will fit, so that's good to know. Riding from the hotel would be nice, as it's a long enough trip to where we'd have to get a hotel room anyway.

Christopher, it looks like the storm slid to the right a bit. Doesn't look like great weather to bring the family out in. Looking like more snow than initially predicted, which is awesome!
Your 34 will fit just fine at BIG SPRINGS WARMING HUT.

And MONDAY looks like the best day to go riding.
I hope to ride both Sat and Mon if at all possible.

Premium Features