• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there a thread about the Garmin G8?

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
You would think but they also said they never broke the plastic running boards and a few of them are breaking
Have any of the boards broken or has it only been the "close off" as it's called in the parts diagram?

I know it would be a technicality and I would absolutely call it part of the running board.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Have any of the boards broken or has it only been the "close off" as it's called in the parts diagram?

I know it would be a technicality and I would absolutely call it part of the running board.
The boards aren't great. I broke 6 of the rear gussets and both of the main board pieces in the back. I don't understand why they are even using them with the steal outer edge they are 4 lbs heavier than the hardcore boards...

Hardcore boards seem nice, one ride in and they didn't break. More than I can say for the plastic ones. They install super easy

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The boards aren't great. I broke 6 of the rear gussets and both of the main board pieces in the back. I don't understand why they are even using them with the steal outer edge they are 4 lbs heavier than the hardcore boards...

Hardcore boards seem nice, one ride in and they didn't break. More than I can say for the plastic ones. They install super easy
Good info. I wouldn't have expected the aluminum hardcore boards to be lighter. I'm sure the composite injection molded ones coupled with the steel outer tube are much cheaper to manufacture.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I cannot find anywhere that the G8 has an altimeter?
Not a deal breaker, but I would certainly expect that feature on a snowmobile.
I found this under the instrumentation details on the G8.

IMG_2214.png

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The buddy tracking on the 7S and voyager pro are so awesome. I ordered my 858 with the std gage. Voyager will go on it. I ride with one Polaris with 7S and 6 doo riders with the voyager pro. I need to be able to buddy track them. I wish all 3 manufacturers would link together the buddy tracking in their gages.

R
Feb 26, 2008
The real failure that the manufactures cant seem to figure out is that they would sell more gauges if they all spoke to each other. My main riding group is a cat, a poo, and 2 doos. All small gauges. If they spoke to each other, we would all order the big gauge.

Premium Features