• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heading up the Shore Tomorrow

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
It's suppossed to be below zero, but a couple of my friends and I are heading up toward Silver Bay to ride. I wanted to take my 600 renegade but couldnt get the left handwarmer to work and was not going to freeze so I will be riding the XRS. Hope there's enough snow to run the big track. Will let everyone know how the conditions are.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
i was up there Fri-Mon. No traffic, trails were 9 out of 10, off trail is a little tracked up, but well worth the trip. Was -22 in Finland on Sunday. We were out riding by 10:00 am everyday. My 12 yr old was on a tare and wouldnt give me a moments rest. I rode the whole weekend without hadwarmers on my F7. I won't do that again. i have never ridden in weather that cold.

DSC011682.JPG

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Sorry it took so long to give a report.

The riding was descent. The trails were all groomed and there weren't many people out at all. That could have had something to do with the fact that it was 16 below when we started, but it was fun. We didn't really go far enough up the shore to hit the serious snow that was reported, and the snow was fairly thin on the trails. I had to sto a couple of times to let the XRS cool down because it was over heating. All in all though it was a great day.

Premium Features