• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Great stuff but ....

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I was out and about yesterday looking at some of the new gear for this winter and I noticed a couple of things that have been going on for far to long .

Goggles , who are these made for ???

The majority of goggles that are stocked are worthless for anyone with what I would say has a medium build , meaning that anyone with a stature of lets say 5' and 1/2 foot tall will fit just fine . Trying to put it in a reasonable way without offending any body but a persons height is usually in proportion with their head .

Another way of putting it , put the goggle up to the face and how close is the foam to the corner of the eyes , peripheral vision suffers .

Here's another one ,

Thumb holes ?????

Is this a bling factor thing ???

I find them worthless or maybe I'm just jealous since I have long arms and the fit does not fit .

I also find them to be drafty let it be just walking not to mention riding without gauntlet gloves .

The other part to them I think is they are kind of
disgusting , this is moto sport gear ? If I accidentally spill something I don't want it against my skin .

There's some really nice gear out there but it's like trying to find the most common size shoe , either you jump on that band wagon right away or do the research and go else where and keep sporting what works .

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
Don't get caught up in the hype of goggles from snowmobile gear companies. Buy goggles from lens manufacturers like Oakley, Spy or Smith. We're usually riding in storms, flat light or greybird weather and need good lenses for that. Save the blingy goggles for the sunny spring days.

Premium Features