• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Garage tile question in trailer

driver1

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2010
I am wondering what is the consensus is on installing screws or not. Over the weekend I installed Great Mats tiles in my Neo trailer. I have seen posts where people put screws in to hold them in place and others have said it is not necessary. I would imagine some movement of the tiles when giving the sled gas, therefore I am not sure if I should install screws intermittently. Can anyone give me their experience with the tiles?

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
I am wondering what is the consensus is on installing screws or not. Over the weekend I installed Great Mats tiles in my Neo trailer. I have seen posts where people put screws in to hold them in place and others have said it is not necessary. I would imagine some movement of the tiles when giving the sled gas, therefore I am not sure if I should install screws intermittently. Can anyone give me their experience with the tiles?
When we installed tiles into our trailer we put screws in only in the very front. Everything thus far seems to stay put.

PXL_20221021_004655884.jpg PXL_20221021_004904525.jpg

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
When we installed tiles into our trailer we put screws in only in the very front. Everything thus far seems to stay put.
That looks so clean!! How do they hold up to ski carbides? Also, which tiles are those... do you have a link for where to get those?

driver1

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I think I will put some in the front like you have done . So when unloading if you accidentally give the sled to much gas will the tiles buckle up anyIMG_0855.jpgIMG_0856.jpgIMG_0855.jpgIMG_0856.jpg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
When I put DeckTred in my trailer I put screws along the leading edge in the back then let the rest float for the most part with aluminum angle over the edges to hold it down. The way it locks together it can't really ripple up.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Mud packs in the holes. I haven't cleaned it out yet after summer use, but I plan to shop vac it with a wide head attachment to get the loose stuff, then I'll go in with a pressure washer to get the rest and wash it out front to back. We sealed the plywood on the floor with 3 coats of oil based exterior paint before the tiles went down. I have no plans to pull the floor out for cleaning.

driver1

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2010
That is a good idea putting aluminum angle around the outside. I will have to check into it.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
That is a good idea putting aluminum angle around the outside. I will have to check into it.
This is what it looked like when finished.

I ended up redoing the door this year. I found out the steering ability on the deck tried tiles isn't very good so hard to control where you line up on the door coming out. Also if you have fender wells on the inside with sharp corners they can take a gouge out of the side of a ski if you're not careful. So I put some caliber tall edge guides up to guard the corners and where the wires go to the rear door.

PXL_20231106_083232186.jpg
PXL_20231106_083505927.jpg

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
What about mud or dirt falling in the holes, easy to clean or do you have to disassemble everything to clean the floor properly?
We usually just sweep out the big stuff then use a leaf blower and just about everything comes out. Hasn't been an issue for us at all.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
When I did my trailer, I didn't use any screws on the tiles. Everything was cut so that it fit really well and I never had an issue with even one tile move.

The tiles are a great addition to a sled trailer and they work great!!

Here's a thread from a while back on this very subject.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
if i ever get a different trailer it will get tiles in it too. for the price it was the same as ski guides but i love how theres no ice build up, the water is under the tiles so its not slippery. it also looks soooo good.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The no water on the floor thing has been one of the biggest advantages that I have noticed. You can leave gear bags, boxes, etc. sit on the floor and as long as a sled isn't sitting right over top of it they don't get wet.

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
This is what it looked like when finished.

I ended up redoing the door this year. I found out the steering ability on the deck tried tiles isn't very good so hard to control where you line up on the door coming out. Also if you have fender wells on the inside with sharp corners they can take a gouge out of the side of a ski if you're not careful. So I put some caliber tall edge guides up to guard the corners and where the wires go to the rear door.
I need to do something with my door. Problem is with how I have to load my trailer I have to back 2 sleds in and that kinda sucks. Any feedback on how covering the whole deck in the glides like you did will work for backing a sled? Guess anything is better than a bedliner cover door lol

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
We do 1 row of sleds forward and 1 row backward in that trailer so we back up the ramp all the time. The Caliber glides with the traction nubs on them seem to provide plenty of traction on a low angle ramp like that. If your ramp is steep then a more aggressive traction option may be needed for backing up it.

Premium Features