• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cut SLP skiis?

wyofreeride

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pinedale, Wy
www.WyoFreeride.com
Racers running Powder Pros usually cut them because it allows for a little more turn up a rut before the back edge hits the side of the rut. I have been running powder pros for a couple years, and I like them uncut, but have never personally ran a trimmed set. Just got Powder Pros for my IQ Racer, and may have to try the cut edge. A local machinist built a jig to cut skis for Cody last year, I may have to do the same and try it out if it works that well. I have never evperienced what you guys are talking about, but I'm usually OC anyways, so maybe I never noticed. -Joe

S
Dec 3, 2007
Kalispell, MT
Does this mod do anything to lessen the "scariness" of these skis when riding in crusty snow conditions, or is that inevitable due to the aggressive nature of the ski? I've nearly been thrown off my sled just tooling around in my (flat) back yard when there's been a little bit of crust on the snow.

Does anyone who has actually cut their own PP's have any good tips (tools, procedures, etc) for cutting skis?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I did not notice any change in sidehilling.

It does fix the crusty snow problem riding across the flats.

sled_guy

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
If my 900 runs this year I need to do this to my skis ... I dread going downhill on that sled with these skis .... They perform wonderfully in every other aspect except having to come down a hill ....

J

jfox1995

Jan 12, 2008
Does this mod do anything to lessen the "scariness" of these skis when riding in crusty snow conditions, or is that inevitable due to the aggressive nature of the ski? I've nearly been thrown off my sled just tooling around in my (flat) back yard when there's been a little bit of crust on the snow.

Does anyone who has actually cut their own PP's have any good tips (tools, procedures, etc) for cutting skis?

My brother-in-law cut his pp's for his 2007 Rev 800 Summit. I wasn't paying too much attention when he did it, but I think he just used duct tape to mark his line and then used a small air cutoff wheel to remove the excess plastic. I must say that the skis made a huge difference in the handling of his Rev. Overall it was an easy job and he had it done within 30 minutes of starting.

I
Nov 26, 2007
I used a jig saw and eyeballed it. Worked well, didn't notice a difference in handling but I've only got 1 short ride in 3' of pow.

Premium Features