• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can Muslims be good Americans??? OBama??? What do you think?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I can't agree Ollie. As a religion I have a hard time believing that Islam is any different than any of the other major world religions. Where we hear about things comes from radical interpretations by those few clerics that use religion to build intolerance. Generally, it is no different than the 700 Club or any televangelist for that matter. They use people's fears to build a mob mentality. I would agree that no other religion brings murder into the fold, but this is the acception, not the rule IMO.

well said

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
other religions bring murder...jews killed jesus, the crusades, here in the balkans the orthodox church tried to wipe out the albanian muslims and bosniacs (also a muslim group) As for TIM's comment yes I was also taught about religious freedom but I was also raised to respect freedoms and not take them for granted. Believe it or not there are people out there that would kill you at the the drop of a hat. Yes those people do live in america too. Jimi, that was a pretty wreckless comment you made about the people here on snowest. They are just voicing their opinions. Some are uneducated opinions and some are from people who are very highly reguarded. IMHO

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
I can't agree Ollie. As a religion I have a hard time believing that Islam is any different than any of the other major world religions. Where we hear about things comes from radical interpretations by those few clerics that use religion to build intolerance. Generally, it is no different than the 700 Club or any televangelist for that matter. They use people's fears to build a mob mentality. I would agree that no other religion brings murder into the fold, but this is the acception, not the rule IMO.

well said

I don't think many Americans understand what the Muslin fatih is all about...they are to either convert or KILL all infidels!!! That would be most, if not all of us on these forums, and in the rest of the United States.

I am not trying to incite hated, or biased, or an intolerate attitude toward any religion, but a religion whose goal is to eliminate us??? You people that call us intolerant, ignorant, rednecks need to rethink your opinion and what is at stake here. All who think that the Muslims/Islamics are not a threat here in th eUS are the uneducated, ignorant ones. Do you not think "they" are serious? Just look at the middle east to see how serious they are.

This country was built on immigrants settling here, but I dont believe they had the primary objective of eliminating people who did not believe like they do. As much as you liberals may not like it admit it, but this country WAS built on a CHRISTIAN heritage. Tolerance ALONG with a loving, caring focus for the people of the land was, and still should be our primary objective.

However...how tolerant are you willing to be to people who really just want to kill you.

Was not the world tolerant of Hitler back in the 30s for his radical opinions?

Anyways,please read the folowing piece.

If this be true, we better stay attentive to what is happening in our world.

Allah or the Lord Jesus Christ?

This is very interesting and just a very scary ...

The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States, especially in the minority races!!!

Allah or The Lord Jesus Christ? ... By Rick Mathes

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: "Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?"

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, "Non-believers!"

I responded, "So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven.. Is that correct?"

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of "a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar."

He sheepishly replied, "Yes."

I then stated, "Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!"

The Imam was speechless!

I continued, "I also have problem with being your 'friend' when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?"

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame. Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were Not happy with Rick's way of dealing with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. To elect the President! I think everyone in the U.S. should be required to read this, but with the Liberal justice system, liberal media and the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized.

Please pass this on to all your e-mail contacts.

This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well-known leader in prison ministry.

The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.

If you have a pulse you have a purpose.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
All religions at one time or one point in history has turned to violence to convert.
There is no religion anywhere that can claim there was no blood spilt to convert.

The one thing that sets islam apart is that it has not changed or adapted in any way. They are following the exact same tenents now that they followed a thousand years ago. All other religions have changed to allow for different religons and different beliefs.

I do truly believe the muslim religion as a whole is a violent faith. They teach convert or death. That is what they teach. We can sit here and talk about how there are peaceful muslims and such, but we need to take the faith as a whole. If you remove the muslim religion from the face of the earth you would remove 80% of the current "major" conflicts in the world.

Question:
If the muslim religion is so peaceful, why don't all the worlds Imons (sp?) and clerics come out and denounce the terrorist and the violence?
Why don't they come out and demand peace and understanding??
Isn't it more likely that they covertly are hoping "their" holy warriors succeed while the clerics try to convince you and me that it is just a small sect of their religion that is the problem??

When I see a major effort on the part of the religious leaders within the muslim faith to stop the terrorist, then I will reconsider my position. Till then, the muslim is the greatest threat facing the world. As long as there are muslims, there will be extreme violence.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Question:
If the muslim religion is so peaceful, why don't all the worlds Imons (sp?) and clerics come out and denounce the terrorist and the violence?
Why don't they come out and demand peace and understanding??

When I see a major effort on the part of the religious leaders within the muslim faith to stop the terrorist, then I will reconsider my position. Till then, the muslim is the greatest threat facing the world. As long as there are muslims, there will be extreme violence.

Good point. I have noticed that too, though I am not sure I get to the same conclusion as you do. Is it possible that many of them fear the same people as we do? I would think that a fellow Muslim speaking out against fanatic Muslims would be higher up on the target list than others. Is it possible that it has been going on but isn't as good of news as others?

Isn't it more likely that they covertly are hoping "their" holy warriors succeed while the clerics try to convince you and me that it is just a small sect of their religion that is the problem??
While anything is possible, this seems like a stretch.

P
You raise some great points. However it is a shame that they are all bull CHIT! The prophet Mohammed told all of religious tolerance and acceptance. That people of all religions could live together and accept and even learn from the teachings of each others faith. The ideas you raised are not those of traditional Islam but those that have been perverted to suit the ideals of the exteremists. This is not just true of Islam but there are those who "adapt" the scriptures in all religions from Christianity to Judaism to Sihk to Hindu. These "right wing" exteremists willfully pervert all religions into violence and exclusivity. If one were to look at the main teaching in all religions around the world the same core belief is common to all. Treat others as you would be treated yourself. This hatred and intorlerance of others will end. All that remain's to be seen is how.

S
Jan 28, 2008
Denver, CO
I will vote for whoever runs against mccain. I made that decision when I learned that the worst president ever decided to endorse him.

I am terrified of what the republicans will do if given another 8 years in power. 8 years should be sufficiant to eliminate the middle class entirely. They could probably waste enough of our money to make it necessary to sell our national parks to the chinese. God knows what else they could do....

Of all the people I know, everyone is financially struggling a bit. There is one exception: my neighbor who sells equipment for oil wells. This guy has made a mint in last few years.

In summary, I would vote for my 12 year dog who sleeps 20 hours a day before I voted for mccain.

D
Jan 31, 2008
All christians are insane murderers because they blow up abortion clinics and kill doctors.All they want to do is kill people who don't agree with thier personal beliefs.

How does it feel to have your entire religion based on the actions of a few radicals?

Judge people for who they are, not what they are.

S

sldgy

You raise some great points. However it is a shame that they are all bull CHIT! The prophet Mohammed told all of religious tolerance and acceptance. That people of all religions could live together and accept and even learn from the teachings of each others faith. The ideas you raised are not those of traditional Islam but those that have been perverted to suit the ideals of the exteremists. This is not just true of Islam but there are those who "adapt" the scriptures in all religions from Christianity to Judaism to Sihk to Hindu. These "right wing" exteremists willfully pervert all religions into violence and exclusivity. If one were to look at the main teaching in all religions around the world the same core belief is common to all. Treat others as you would be treated yourself. This hatred and intorlerance of others will end. All that remain's to be seen is how.

EVERYONE, READ THIS POST AGAIN! ^^^^^
Pimp Daddy, it appears, is a very wise man.:)

Last edited:

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
All religions at one time or one point in history has turned to violence to convert.
There is no religion anywhere that can claim there was no blood spilt to convert.

While this may be true Ollie, in the Christian faith they were not following what the bible says. The Bible says to love your fellow brothers, even those against you.

Nov 26, 2007
www.columbiarun.com
Good job snowmanx, people don't like the truth... most of the same people disagreeing about the validity and truth of Christianity in a different thread are the same ones here arguing for "peacefull, honorable, tolerant, loving Muslims."

All religions do not teach the same core principle. Christians serve Jesus, that's the core, muslims serve Allah, that's their core, Hindus serve idols, (many) that's their core, buddhists serve Buddha, that's their core....

Where do you think these religions get some of their "good intentions" ie.. being good to people? .... the Bible.... then they pervert it and make it just a little different to woo the masses... it's working. Then everybody says, "You intolerant, blind, fearmongering Christian, you just want to scare everybody into your own way of thinking. No, we want people to see the truth. Absolute Truth, that Jesus is God and He is the only way to heaven. Not the "truth" that says every religion is the way to Heaven. Either Jesus is the truth, or Mohammed, or buddha, or a donkey, or that rock over there.... I'll believe the Bible.... you believe what you want, but my job as a Christian is to tell you what the Bible says.

Muslims are not good, they kill people... and it's blind people like jimi cocktails that start crying on here about intolerance and calls us a bunch of rednecks. You people can't see you are doing the same thing you blame Christians for doing. You can talk about Christianity, but when Christianity talks about you it's intolerance.

Save it.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Where do you think these religions get some of their "good intentions" ie.. being good to people? .... the Bible.... then they pervert it and make it just a little different to woo the masses... it's working.

wtf? seriously wtf? oh no you didn't........ I totally here what you are saying, of course they are all derived the bible, I mean, it is not like the other religions came before the bible or anything...... oh wait.

I guess I am saying that I believe in that rock over there.:rolleyes:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Have you guys ever thought that the mainstream media in the US is at fault for **** like this?

What I'm saying is, the only things we know about muslims are what we know about the fanatical lunatic ones who blow themselves up in the name of allah.

I know two arab guys that I work with now and both of them are muslim, and to say the least ... I'm one hell of a lot more conservative than they are. Heh :)

It's similar to being raised in a "christian" household in america, but being one of those christians who doesn't go to church every sunday, thump the bible, blah blah bah ..

I mean seriously, I've never seen any of them pray to the east once let alone 5 times a day.

They tell me that probably more muslims than not in the US aren't exactly what you'd call "devout muslims" anymoreso than many americans are "devout christians", to them it's almost more about heritage they've gained from their homelands than an actual form of relegion...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Have you guys ever thought that the mainstream media in the US is at fault for **** like this?

What I'm saying is, the only things we know about muslims are what we know about the fanatical lunatic ones who blow themselves up in the name of allah.

I know two arab guys that I work with now and both of them are muslim, and to say the least ... I'm one hell of a lot more conservative than they are. Heh :)

It's similar to being raised in a "christian" household in america, but being one of those christians who doesn't go to church every sunday, thump the bible, blah blah bah ..

I mean seriously, I've never seen any of them pray to the east once let alone 5 times a day.

They tell me that probably more muslims than not in the US aren't exactly what you'd call "devout muslims" anymoreso than many americans are "devout christians", to them it's almost more about heritage they've gained from their homelands than an actual form of relegion...

bing, right on.

Premium Features