• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken Primary Springs

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Good to know the factory primary springs seem to be a problem. I have a boost on order and was planning on swapping that out anyways but guess I will get two. On that note, anyone running a lower engagement spring in their boost? Any lag? My current NA gets moving around 3400rpm and I really like it, hoping I can keep that same engagement on the boost.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Good to know the factory primary springs seem to be a problem. I have a boost on order and was planning on swapping that out anyways but guess I will get two. On that note, anyone running a lower engagement spring in their boost? Any lag? My current NA gets moving around 3400rpm and I really like it, hoping I can keep that same engagement on the boost.
FYI you would go with higher engagement to "hide" the lag. The Boosts have lag. They are turbos, all turbos have some sort of lag. The Boost lags quite a bit more than the Turbo R. The forum know-it-all will tell you, you can clutch around it, however the top end will suffer and that is what shines the most about a Boost. If you don't want lag and are poor you buy a 9R. If you want awesome top-end and are poor you buy a Boost. If you are rich, you buy both to handle varying snow conditions.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
FYI you would go with higher engagement to "hide" the lag. The Boosts have lag. They are turbos, all turbos have some sort of lag. The Boost lags quite a bit more than the Turbo R. The forum know-it-all will tell you, you can clutch around it, however the top end will suffer and that is what shines the most about a Boost. If you don't want lag and are poor you buy a 9R. If you want awesome top-end and are poor you buy a Boost. If you are rich, you buy both to handle varying snow conditions.

Chilly would rather spread fake news and continue to hate his boost than pay my price to learn my secrets and have to admit he’s wrong. He was given my Lynx track recommendation for free and was forced to eat crow. No more freebees Chilly. Quit being a tight ass.

Let’s Make Chilly Great Again.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Chilly would rather spread fake news and continue to hate his boost than pay my price to learn my secrets and have to admit he’s wrong. He was given my Lynx track recommendation for free and was forced to eat crow. No more freebees Chilly. Quit being a tight ass.

Let’s Make Chilly Great Again.
I am running the 300LX though, not the Lynx track. So your recommendation went no where with me. I did finally eat a little crow and agree with you the 2.75 does kind of suck. If Rusty didn't have a tramp stamp that read "Boost" he would admit the Boosts are boat anchors. He's just too proud though ?

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Yeah all turbos lag somewhat regardless where they are in the RPM range. Just curious if anyone had success with them spooling up fine below the usual Polaris engagement RPM, which on my NA 850 was about 4000 RPM with stock spring and weights. Turbo's aren't new to me, CVT clutching is though lol.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Chadly you have a gravel driveway. Rich people have paved driveways.
I would never have a gravel driveway. If you are referring to the pic for my avatar that is back in 2019 of my first Polaris I snow checked at my office. I updated it so that way people won't accuse me of being poor riding an old Axys ?

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I am running the 300LX though, not the Lynx track. So your recommendation went no where with me. I did finally eat a little crow and agree with you the 2.75 does kind of suck. If Rusty didn't have a tramp stamp that read "Boost" he would admit the Boosts are boat anchors. He's just too proud though ?

Are Tramp stamps bad?

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
So back on topic, springs covered under warranty and a new P-22. Abnormal bushing wear and button wear. Took the sled out yesterday no issues. I also had an Ibex clutch kit installed while it was at the dealership, nice bottom end improvement and overall performance.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
So back on topic, springs covered under warranty and a new P-22. Abnormal bushing wear and button wear. Took the sled out yesterday no issues. I also had an Ibex clutch kit installed while it was at the dealership, nice bottom end improvement and overall performance.
That kit engaging like the stock setup or is it grabbing sooner? I was entertaining that kit as well as the Bikeman kit. I like the Ibexx stg. 2 alot in my NA.

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
OMG this is good.... someday if it gets to that i'll spill the beans on how The Chadster got his start. gotta give him credit as he ran with it. and he did good.... but many of us could have also

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
It’s for sure something sketch. Definitely demonstrates a “I got rich quick type of behaviour.”
That being said, good criminals work hard and it’s stressful. I think Chadly earned his possessions and place in society.
Therefore, Chadly and Chadly’s cake is Kanedog approved.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
That kit engaging like the stock setup or is it grabbing sooner? I was entertaining that kit as well as the Bikeman kit. I like the Ibexx stg. 2 alot in my NA.
Engagement is 3900ish holds solid 8350. Better belt squeeze and smoother. Clutches are noticeably cleaner and belt is shifting out higher on the primary compared to stock. They did their homework.

Premium Features