• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Battery Location for 2016 M8000 Sno Pro, for Ele Start Kit

Arctictwist

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 17, 2022
Michigan
I'm in my mid 50' and need electric start added to my 2016 M8000 Sno Pro. I just received my SPI electric start Kit and am looking for an area to put my Battery. I don't have the gas tank and seat they recommend. Any suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated. We're Never too old to love this stuff. Thanks

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I put an antigravity battery on same sled. Built a bracket and mounted it on right side up front near power valve actuator, ran charger leads out vent slots for storage trickle. Has worked great. Very quick start with the antigravity.

Arctictwist

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 17, 2022
Michigan
Thank you, I will look into that area I see those batteries appear to be smaller than a lot of the other batteries. Antigravity 16-cell looks like what another member used. Guess I better look at that 1.

Feb 21, 2022
Kamloops
I put an antigravity battery on same sled. Built a bracket and mounted it on right side up front near power valve actuator, ran charger leads out vent slots for storage trickle. Has worked great. Very quick start with the antigravity.
What was the model number for the battery? Do you have any pictures of the installation. I'm just starting the same project on a 2014 m8000.

toesmack

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2008
Reno, NV
Have a 2017 with a TKI belt drive and mounted the same battery in the bottom next to the belt drive behind the silencer. Unfortunately the cheap Chinese starter supplied by Arctic Cat just failed and I had to rip the sled apart to replace it. Sure do appreciate having electric start though.

Premium Features