• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running 30” ski stance?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Not sure about the 30" , but for sure I would like to try out a 34" on the matryx.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
That would be tiring... The law of diminishing returns definitely applies to a-arm length. IMHO, anything under 36" will just wear you out more at the end of the day. Been there. It's just a lot more work to keep the sled stable and paneling out becomes an issue.

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
I went 34” (react with ZRP offset spindles) and hated it. I couldn’t get those offset spindles off fast enough. I had to return to the stock stance using the standard spindles. It paneled out and was not predictable handling wise. Wasn’t for me-

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I think that had to do with the offset spindles, I had a set on my 16 for 300 miles. It made the sled handling go way down. Had a few people try it on different snow conditions, and not one person thought it was an improvement over stock., actually going backwards.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I went 34” (react with ZRP offset spindles) and hated it. I couldn’t get those offset spindles off fast enough. I had to return to the stock stance using the standard spindles. It paneled out and was not predictable handling wise. Wasn’t for me-
I've ridden a 36" axys that had offset spindles to get it to 36" (stock 38") and I hated it compared to mine with the alternative impact 36" a-arms to narrow it. Something just feels off about it to me, I don't really know how to describe it. Sleds were nearly identical otherwise

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
The stock react front end feels great imo but i learned to side hill as a 120lb kid on a 40-42” wide zr580 so i may be biased

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Definitely not for me. I have one sled with a 38" front end and one with 36" and sometimes the 36" is more unstable than I want. Starts feeling like I'm trying to balance on a ball (also this is on the monorail). I'm also a big, top-heavy guy with broad shoulders. 34" would be about the same width as my elbows. Getting much narrower than that and the whole sled would be tucked in under me. Might be ok when carving or on edge, but super unstable and tiring just riding around. At that point might as well commit to the single ski life and have something that's controllable and tips easy!

Premium Features